Christmas Loot?

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Christmas Loot?

Post by l48shark »

I scored a propane turkey fryer with a stainless steel pot from the wife. Very cool. Anyone get any interesting brewing gear this year?

Cheers,
Ford
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Yep

Post by Freon12 »

I got a lyophilizer.(Freeze-dryer) made by Virtis. Cool huh?
Yep, yep. Whatca gonna do with that?

Don't ask. You don't want to know.
Steve
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Okay...

Post by l48shark »

I'll bite. What the Hell?
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

SCORE

Post by dartedplus »

I scored theturkey fryer and pot for my birthday back in November. For Xmas, I got a nice set of pilsner glasses that I've had my eye on(was going to snag a couple from a local restaurant) but mom got some for me, keeping me on the straight and narrow. I did get a little cash in my stocking, which needs to be spent somewhere....

Ed
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Temp control

Post by jayhawk »

I got a digital instant read thermometer, accurate to within 1 degree. I can finally get my mash in temps right.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Revisit Later..

Post by Freon12 »

Wife just had our baby girl at 11 p.m. 12-26-02
I'll touch that base in a few days.

Bye for now.
Steve
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Congrats!

Post by l48shark »

We just had a baby boy on 20 DEC 2002 01:57. Here's to sleep deprivation. :)

Cheers,
Ford
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Reindeer tracks on my roof too ...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Santa was very good to me too, I found under the tree, and complete wine making equipment kit with two wine kits, a red and white (didn't want to tell Santa that I already had most of the stuff, I needed extra carboys and other equip. LOL...) anyway I have a Shirah (red wine) perking it's liitle heart away as I type this. Life is good.

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus.

God Bless everyone in Beer tools land.

Paul.
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Congrats to both of you

Post by dartedplus »

Congratulations to both of you. My little boy is almost nine months. He hates to sleep!!! Best of luck to both of you.

Ed
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

WOW!!!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Congratulations, Steve! That's awesome! I was out of the homebrewing business for about four years all-told between my two kids. Apparently you're not going to skip a beat.... even sounds like you're moving into the freeze-dried yeast buisness. You have a very agreeable wife - don't take that for granted.

Congratulations again, Dad!
Jim
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

must be the beer

Everyone seems to have soem serious lead in their pencils around here! Congratulations, Ford.

Jim
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

no complaints

My wife renewed my BYO and All About Beer subscriptions - she knows those are always good gifts. She also got me one of those killer hop print Bermuda shirts you've all no doubt been eyeing from BeerHeads.com. Word of caution: these run small if you ever order one - I can get away with the "L" I got, but my "XXL" buddy apparently needs an "XXXL" - the one my wife got for him is seriously small on him and needs to be exchanged.

Hoppy Holidays,
Jim
stouts
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Way to go!

Post by stouts »

Congrats guys!
Jay
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Mrs Claus

Post by fitz »

Congratulations to the new Dads.
It the hardest Job you'll ever love.
Mrs Claus was good to me too this year. I got a CO2 system for picnic taps (a dispenser that takes 12 gram CO2 cartridges like the air guns use)I also got about 35 lbs of various malt extracts, 18 oz of hop pellets, and a big bag of bottle caps. I like to keg and bottle. My sister in law also got me a 365 beers for the year calendar. It is one of those tear off calendars that has beers listed from the US and around the world with descriptions and beer facts. Pretty cool idea for someone who is a beer nut.