Mash Schedule in BeerTools Pro

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
bjarkeb

Mash Schedule in BeerTools Pro

Post by bjarkeb »

Hi,

I have some problems in making a mash-schedule in BeerTools Pro. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to calculate the amount of boiling water needed to make a Mash out. I have tried to make an infusion step after the saccharification step: target temperature 77C (from 66C in the saccharification step) with the added water temperature of 100C. If I change one of these temperatures the other is changed accordingly and not the water volume which I would like to be calculated. Any help to be found?
I know that you can calculate the amount of water needed in the "calculators" menu but it would be nice if it could be calculated in the mash-schedule! Maybe a lock-function which is used elsewhere could solve the problem?

Furthermore it would be nice if it was possible to change from "," to "." in the preference menu as I have a problem changing decimal values without getting the message: "Number not valid. Enter a number in decimal or fraction form". Even if I do not touch the "," but only change one of the numbers before or after the "," I get the error.

Last but not least it seems that when I print out the session the Mash-graph is not right (at least when I print to PDF or Microsoft Office Document Imaging). The time-line is printed correct but somehow half of the mash/temperature graphic are stretched to fill out the whole time-line leaving out half of the mash/temperature graphic. I think this is a huge problem which I hope will be corrected in the near future.

Anyone who has encountered these problems as well and knows how to deal with them?

Anyway thank you for a nice and powerfull program!

Regards
B. Bertelsen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Mash Schedule in BeerTools Pro

Post by jeff »

bjarkeb wrote:I have some problems in making a mash-schedule in BeerTools Pro. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to calculate the amount of boiling water needed to make a Mash out. I have tried to make an infusion step after the saccharification step: target temperature 77C (from 66C in the saccharification step) with the added water temperature of 100C. If I change one of these temperatures the other is changed accordingly and not the water volume which I would like to be calculated. Any help to be found?
I know that you can calculate the amount of water needed in the "calculators" menu but it would be nice if it could be calculated in the mash-schedule! Maybe a lock-function which is used elsewhere could solve the problem?
I looked at the infusion editor and I see what you mean. The editor favors infusion volume over infusion temperature so the temperature is changed instead of the volume as you would prefer. A lock checkbox may be a solution.
bjarkeb wrote:Furthermore it would be nice if it was possible to change from "," to "." in the preference menu as I have a problem changing decimal values without getting the message: "Number not valid. Enter a number in decimal or fraction form". Even if I do not touch the "," but only change one of the numbers before or after the "," I get the error.
Thanks for mentioning this issue. It will need to be fixed for the next update.
bjarkeb wrote:Last but not least it seems that when I print out the session the Mash-graph is not right (at least when I print to PDF or Microsoft Office Document Imaging). The time-line is printed correct but somehow half of the mash/temperature graphic are stretched to fill out the whole time-line leaving out half of the mash/temperature graphic. I think this is a huge problem which I hope will be corrected in the near future.
Can you send me a recipe file that demonstrates this problem? Sometimes it is difficult to duplicate issues that users experience. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff