4 Questions for BeerTools?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

4 Questions for BeerTools?

Post by djavet »

Howdy!

I receive today the newsletter with the annoncement of the beloved software. Sound terrific!

I've 4 questions:
1. it include a batch sessions manager?
2. It is possible to export in a csv file the main infos (title, brew date, % alc., etc.) for labelling (import into LabelPro per ex.)?
3. No demo version?
4. With a Gold account, can I import into the soft the recipe and save it as mine, to use without an Internet connection?

Regards,
Dominique
PieOPah
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PieOPah »

I'd like to know whether or not there is going to be a free trial.

Currently I use Beertools Online recipe calc/generator and then use Beersmith to tweak my recipes or add any extras that I am after.

Since I already own Beersmith, I don't really want to buy new software and then discover I don't like it as much.

Perhaps there could be a trial version that either expires after 30 days or after 30 uses.

I would love to give this a go............
Spicoli

Post by Spicoli »

I am also interested in a trial version. I use ProMash now would hate to spend money that was not needed. Until it is offered I quess I will not know what I'm Missing.
slothrob

Re: 4 Questions for BeerTools?

Post by slothrob »

djavet wrote:Howdy!
I've 4 questions:
1. it include a batch sessions manager?

3. No demo version?
I can answer a couple of your questions:

1. There is a mash shedule manager that allows setting up a batch sparge session.
3. No demo version, yet.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: 4 Questions for BeerTools?

Post by jeff »

djavet wrote:I've 4 questions:
2. It is possible to export in a csv file the main infos (title, brew date, % alc., etc.) for labelling (import into LabelPro per ex.)?
4. With a Gold account, can I import into the soft the recipe and save it as mine, to use without an Internet connection?
I can answer the other 2.

2: BTP does not export CSV; what info do you think should be included in the file?
4: Yes. You can import BeerTools.com recipes and then save them for use without the internet. Any changes you make to the local copy don't affect the recipe on the site.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

the program is worth the money, too!

Post by notbob »

I can give my impression. This is really great software. It takes a little patience, but once you work through the documentation, and then work on all of your settings and calibrate all of your vessels/heat sources, it gets real easy.

Then you can save all that, even for different profiles, i.e. 5 gal, 10 gal, or anything else, by creating templates.

Then recipe formulation becomes fun.

Nice print outs, too.

The program is in it's first release and is designed to evolve with future releases, as I understand.

I really like it. Especially being on a Mac.

Al