questions about file/beer management

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

questions about file/beer management

Post by lucas »

I'm willing to admit that the following questions are probably just because i dont understand something. using the osx version if it makes any difference.

is there some way to browse through my various recipes? i only seem to be able to select saved recipes from the open dialog box. having recent beers appear in the file menu would be nice, but some sort of browser that listed all my beers names, then when i clicked one would show me more info in another pane would be even better.

on a similar note, have you thought about using your own extension instead of xml? so you could associate, lets just say .btr files, with beer tools pro and you could double click them in finder and it would know what to do.

sorry if im missing something, i couldn't find anything about either of these questions
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: questions about file/beer management

Post by jeff »

lucas wrote:is there some way to browse through my various recipes? i only seem to be able to select saved recipes from the open dialog box. having recent beers appear in the file menu would be nice, but some sort of browser that listed all my beers names, then when i clicked one would show me more info in another pane would be even better.
BTP does need a recent recipes menu item. I have often wanted to see this in the file menu myself.
lucas wrote:on a similar note, have you thought about using your own extension instead of xml? so you could associate, lets just say .btr files, with beer tools pro and you could double click them in finder and it would know what to do.
I have thought about extensions. .bts specifically. I am not sure if they will make it into the final release, but certainly will be included in future updates.

Thanks for the good thoughts.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

The file system has always seemed a bit clunky to me, though it does fit into the Mac model quite well. I've always found myself looking for a way to open a window that would list all my recipes. I think this would also benefit from the ability to quickly sort by Date, Name, or Style (perhaps by clicking the top of the column like the way email programs work).
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP