My beer tools import is awesome!!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
steelhead

My beer tools import is awesome!!

Post by steelhead »

Guys you have outdone yourselves. IMHO the new access to the my beer tools recipes through BTP is awesome.

I am seeing one small problem (isnt there always one?). When Import a recipe from My recipes to BTP the kettle volume comes across fine, but the cooled wort comes out way high. i also cannot adjust the evap/hr at all. this is only with imported recipes. Even if i save the imported recipe, close BTP, reopen BTP and open the recipe I get the same result.

(Edit: I figured out what is causing the problem. The boil time isnt being carried over. If I enter a boil time all is well. )

Thanks for the hard work,
Marc
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Any plans to load from the library?

Post by Bob57702 »

I agree the download tool is great for those who have recipes in My Beertools. I had to enter one to try it. Really slick. Do you have any plans to be able to download from the general recipe library?

Great software.
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
denovo
Light Lager
Light Lager

Mine... not so awesome

Post by denovo »

I too only had one recipe not already posted to the library (import from the library would be WAY cool); but when I tried to download it, I got this error message:

"A communications error occurred, please contact BeerTools.com."

with "msg:XML parser error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)" which appeared just below the user name and password fields in the oddly named BTP API window, which did show the name of my recipe after I logged in. The error occurred after I selected it and clicked the Load button.
MacBook Pro mid-2012. MacOS 10.14.6
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Mine... not so awesome

Post by jeff »

denovo wrote:I too only had one recipe not already posted to the library (import from the library would be WAY cool); but when I tried to download it, I got this error message:

"A communications error occurred, please contact BeerTools.com."

with "msg:XML parser error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)" which appeared just below the user name and password fields in the oddly named BTP API window, which did show the name of my recipe after I logged in. The error occurred after I selected it and clicked the Load button.
I was able to download your recipe successfully. The Style DB on BeerTools.com still has some hidden character data that is hard to track down. We expect these issues to continue for a little while. Letting us know when they happen helps us track down the offending data. Thanks for the help.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
denovo
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Mine... not so awesome

Post by denovo »

I was able to download your recipe successfully. The Style DB on BeerTools.com still has some hidden character data that is hard to track down. We expect these issues to continue for a little while. Letting us know when they happen helps us track down the offending data. Thanks for the help.
I wonder if that's the reason the Baltic Porter style was causing DB corruption problems a while back. I just downloaded the recipe, and it's working fine after your tweaking.
MacBook Pro mid-2012. MacOS 10.14.6
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by notbob »

Yeah, I like this feature. I did have one problem when opening a recipe. It opened with the menu bar out of reach above the screen. After closing the file from the menu bar, and re-opened it all is well.

I had the same problem every time I opened BTP. But, now that's gone.
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Special/other ingredients not downloading

Post by Bob57702 »

I attempted to download a recipe, Apricopper 2, today with special/other ingredients and they didn't show up in BeerTools Pro. I added another recipe to My Beertools, Andy's Wheat Cherry Ale, and tried it. Once again the special ingredients didn't load. Is this a known issue or something you're already working on for the next release?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Special/other ingredients not downloading

Post by jeff »

Bob wrote:I attempted to download a recipe, Apricopper 2, today with special/other ingredients and they didn't show up in BeerTools Pro. I added another recipe to My Beertools, Andy's Wheat Cherry Ale, and tried it. Once again the special ingredients didn't load. Is this a known issue or something you're already working on for the next release?
The issue turned out to be server side. You should be able to load special ingredients now, but if there is still a problem please let me know. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff