Kegging

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kegging

Post by brewmeisterintng »

I have evolved to the point that I want to start kegging and am asking the experts here for a good setup. I want a two keg set up and I already have a large CO2 canister. As always, I want the best bang for my buck... any sugestions?

James
KBrau
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Follow-up Question

Post by KBrau »

What kind of setup are you referring to? The actual kegs, or a kegerator type of setup? If you already have the tank, you really just need to get a couple of kegs and the regulator. You can buy reconditioned kegs pretty cheap, although I am not sure what the regulators cost these days.
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Corny Keg Ste-up

I am slowly figuring it out. I have two corny kegs and am looking for a regulator and through the door tap setup. I am finding out that it is a tad bit pricey to get the initial equipment. But on the bright side it will eliminate the four hours I spent each time I bottled a batch.

Regards

James
KBrau
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

I will never bottle again

Post by KBrau »

I actually just bottled my last batch yesterday because all of my kegs are filled in preparation for my annual Oktoberfest party. I couldn't beleive how aggravating it was. i guess it has been about 5 years since I bottled, so I had forgotten just how much work it is. Kegging usually only takes me about 30-45 minutes and this bottling session took me almost 4 hours. Anyway, it can defintely be expensive for the initial setup, but I think you will find it is well worth the cost. I found a great deal on a mini-fridge at home depot and built a homebrew kegerator out of it. You can check my website for more info on it.

Rich
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Hand-me-down Refridg

My wife wants a new refridg which just happens to coinside with me getting beer on tap. I picked up two kegs on e-bay and ordered a door package from www.beveragefactory.com They seem to have the more competitive prices. I have 10 gallons pending transfer to secondary so everything is going according to plan. I figure that I should have beer on tap in 3-4 weeks. I am already planning to hand my bottle off to another brewer.

James
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Corni kegs

Post by Freon12 »

It only gets better from here with kegs. I actually lager my Octoberfest in a corni to clear it. The tall shape lets any finings you my use to have a good effect. There is a lid you can buy to force carbonate in the corni also.

S.