The recipe designer is great

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Screwtop

The recipe designer is great

Post by Screwtop »

I think the graph recipe design is fantastic, being able to dynamically adjust grain bill etc to meet style requirements is the best feature of this software.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: The recipe designer is great

Post by jeff »

Screwtop wrote:I think the graph recipe design is fantastic, being able to dynamically adjust grain bill etc to meet style requirements is the best feature of this software.
Hey, thanks! That's one of my favorite parts too. :D
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by notbob »

How do you access this feature?
petermyers
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by petermyers »

If what the original poster is commenting on is an ability to click and drag the little diamonds in the graph ala the online recipe generator, then I too seem to be missing this feature.

Using version 20.
System:
Pentium 4 3.1GHz, 1G RAM, 128M Radeon 9600, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Mindflux

Post by Mindflux »

petermyers wrote:If what the original poster is commenting on is an ability to click and drag the little diamonds in the graph ala the online recipe generator, then I too seem to be missing this feature.

Using version 20.
I think you hit the double arrows above the diamond fields (upper right of that pane).. and scroll through the recipes... the diamonds move based on styles.
Custom Built PC
Barton 2500
1GB PC3200
1024x768 Display (32bit)
160gb hdd
Windows XP w/SP2
petermyers
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by petermyers »

Mindflux wrote:I think you hit the double arrows above the diamond fields (upper right of that pane).. and scroll through the recipes... the diamonds move based on styles.
True... but you may have noticed on the online recipe generator that if your recipe is outside of the guidelines, then you can click and drag the diamonds to within the recommended (blue) area and it will adjust the amount of ingredient in your recipe to suit - whether it be OG, FG, IBU etc... It would have been a handy addition to the desktop software, I think.

EDIT: Actually, after looking at the online recipe generator again, it appears that it is the little red arrow above the blue area I am talking about. Sorry for the confusion... It still would be a nice addition for a future release, though.
System:
Pentium 4 3.1GHz, 1G RAM, 128M Radeon 9600, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2