Boil Timer - What do you use?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Boil Timer - What do you use?

Post by Push Eject »

What do you use to track your boil?

I've been looking for a good timer for a while that counts down my boil time and helps me *not* forget hop additions, finings, flavorings, etc...

What do you guys think of this thing? http://www.essersnet.com/documents/brewing/sddwt3.pdf

Cheers,
Charlie
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kitchen timer works for me

Post by brewmeisterintng »

I'm guessing that there is a good price tag associated with you linked timer. I borrow my wife's timer that has a clock and two additional timers built in that she got from Walmart. I usually only use one of the timers and reset it for the next step in the process. Not a big deal for me as I have my recipe book on deck to validate time requirements.
-James-
Sven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Cool wort timer

Post by Sven »

That thing looks cool! :shock:
Relay outputs! You could do some fun things with that.
pcharles
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Boil Timer - What do you use?

Post by pcharles »

Push Eject wrote:What do you use to track your boil?

I've been looking for a good timer for a while that counts down my boil time and helps me *not* forget hop additions, finings, flavorings, etc...

What do you guys think of this thing? http://www.essersnet.com/documents/brewing/sddwt3.pdf

Cheers,
Charlie
I like to lay everything out on a table next to my chair, and us a digital thermometer with the temperature alarms. For timing there is only one clock . . . . beer.