Just Checking

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Me Too...

Post by dartedplus »

Hey Mesa, you can send me a six pack too
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

No offense taken...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

No, I wasn't upset at all ! The possibility of this appearance is one of the limitations of electronic correspondance !

As far as "not being technical enough", I am not one that expects all brewers to be analy knowledageable (takes the fun out of it), I just don't want others to misunderstand concepts that are important to consider.... and to that end, I attempt to dispel disinformation or incomplete understanding. Actually, I found your posts quite knowledgable and substantially correct anyway. The best thing is that those who have never heard of doing open fermentation may try it just because we have been batting the topic back and forth !

As far as sending some products... I can't ship to you as it is against our laws here unless we have an export license. Maybe the next time I'm in Scotland (possibly in March), I'll travel into your area and bring some samples that way.

Eric
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Distribution of my brews...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

As of 2/1/02, Mesa Maltworks Brewing & Microbiological merged with Ohio Brewing Company in Niles, OH and we will soon be moving to a new location where we are re-establishing the micro (kegs/bottles) and opening a BIG brewpub in Youngstown, Ohio. You can look forward to our opening another pub as well in the near future.

Presently, our beer is distributed throughout Ohio and in South Western PA. If you are in one of these areas or will be going into them, drop me a line and I'll tell you where they can be had.

Present lineup:
Ohio Blonde
Verich Gold (a Kolsch)
Ohio Fest Beer (a Maerzen)
Cardinal Ale (World Beer Championship Gold Medal Winner in Amber Ales)
Brown Ale
Steel Town Stout
Maple Porter (a Brown Porter)

Our pub will open in late May and be serving these as well as Belgian ales and numerous specialties, some will be on cask served via beer engines. We even are going to serve them in the right glassware and NOT IN CHILLED/FROZEN GLASSES !!!!!
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Perhaps you misunderstood

Post by Push Eject »

Um, no, Mesa, you see you really are going to have to send us all a 6-pack of your brew... perhaps even once or twice each month. I'm sorry, man, that's just the way it goes.
-- waiting at the mailbox,
Ollie
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Scotland????

Post by Fraoch »

Thanks for the offer mesa, but it may be cheaper to send from elsewhere as I am one of the unhomed and now reside in Australia. but my father, another keen masher would be most appreciative in north Wales.Cant export eh??? Bit of a bummer!! I know a great place on 42nd in NY that will give you any licence you require for approx $50. Very handy.

Good luck with the pubs.
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Expatriate....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

Whoops... sorry, I got the idea you were still in the UK from one of your posts ! Well... I could send the beer to your dad via boat from the coast I guess, but that doesn't do you much good !
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Feelin' the love in this thread

Post by l48shark »

I will have to agree with you there, Mesa. I can often be sarcastically humorous in e-mail and sometimes people think I am either offended or being a jerk. Do you *@#%ers know what I am talking about? ;)
I commented to the webmaster once that this forum has the nicest and most helpful people in it, a rare find on the Internet. Also, all posts actually pertain to brewing, unlike a cigar forum I frequent where the topic is usually anything but cigars.
Cheers to everyone,
Ford
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Agreement...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

Yes.. I agree wholeheartedly. I barely participate in beerflavor.com's forum (where I started out and eventually discovered this forum) because when I tried to impart factual, not opinionated, info, I would regularly get jumped ! I also stopped contributing articles there because after my submissions had been publicly available, they locked them into a members only area and started charging for access. So much for ethics ! I never wanted to be a compensated writer anyway and simply sought to assist those in need for the betterment of the craft. Here (so far) I can do so.
hophead
Light Lager
Light Lager

Sorry Gav

Post by hophead »

Gav....I really hate ta tell ya this, but, you can't get those services that YOU once used on 42nd St. anymore.:):):) No more fake drivers licenses, photo ID's, etc. Me thinks you better make another trip back to NYC.....another era gone:):)
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

bugger

Post by Fraoch »

!@#$ shame that, yet another piece of free enterprise gone!!!!!