b3 kit

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

littlehop
Light Lager
Light Lager

b3 kit

Post by littlehop »

Getting ready to brew b3 Jamil's chocolate hazelnut porter, just wondering if anyones tried this one? If so any suggested tweaking before I fire up the copper.
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Try Before Tweaking

Post by BillyBock »

I've never had it, but I know that Jamil is a consistent award-winning brewer. If it were me, I'd try the recipe as is out of the box, and then evaluate it (on the basis of his credentials alone). Then at least you'll have a "roadmap" from which to tweak.

v/r
Bill
littlehop
Light Lager
Light Lager

yup

Post by littlehop »

Cool that was pretty much my plan , just wondered if anybody had tried it and got a nasty surprise. I'm already convinced that Beer Beer and More Beer produce the best mailorder kit available, usually it's hard to tell whether they came from extract kits.
yakimicki
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by yakimicki »

i have not brewed that one, but i have also brewed from some kits from beer beer more beer. I concur, they put together some great kits.
littlehop
Light Lager
Light Lager

update

Post by littlehop »

just wanted to update this post.hazelnut choc porter was very good,just finished the last two gallons.took it to a wedding reception rave reviews nobody had ever had anthing like it and all were curious about the inspiration to attempt a beer like that one.The most comments were that it was a dessert in a glass. Personally next time I will only use half of the hazelnut flavoring included with kit , I felt it was almost to overpowering. I will definatly brew this one again.I also could not believe how well this beer aged and stored in the keg, as I say just finished the last of it and it was crafted back in march. Maybe just a quick question ,what is the longest period anyone has kept beer in corny kegs ,refriderated of course, without ill effects?That one lasted six months and I assume it would have gone longer if I hadnt drank it all .
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.