Need beer recipe with alot of flavor without alchohol taste

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Dan

Post by Dan »

Im looking for a good all grain recipe for a beer that has alot of flavor without the alchohol taste, im not wanting to make a N/A beer just trying to mask the taste of the alchohol, lookin to make something malty, something that is sweet, a good carmel flavor like a Irish Red.

I really want to taste the beers flavor and get rid of that alchohol after taste if possible.

Any suggestions?

Dan
gene
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by gene »

honey malt will give lottsa flavor. some use munich. I think crystal helps alot also. my 2
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Try this too

Post by jayhawk »

Use a high mash temp so that the wort will not ferment as much, leaving more body and less alcohol. Also, try using less fermentable malts like carapils (for body) and crystal and chocolate (for flavour).
Brewer2001
Double IPA
Double IPA

Another suggestion.

Post by Brewer2001 »

Dan,

An Irish Red is a good choice for the flavor that you want. Follow the style guidelines.

Produce a mid-color ruby wort of mid-range SG and low hopping levels (just enough to balance the sweetness of the malt. I would leave out the chocolate malt but add a small amount of roasted barley or roasted malt.

As Jayhawk stated mash at the high end of the range (157 - 159 deg. F). The most important thing is in the fermantation stage,especially if you are getting a lot of fusels. Make a yeast starter and pitch it twice before you add it to the wort. Pitch a larger volume of yeast than normal and ferment at a lower temperature (below 68 deg. F). All of these "adjustments" will help to keep the fusels in check.

Good brewing,

Tom F.