Toon Ale Newcastle beer desperate for clone.

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Alan

Toon Ale Newcastle beer desperate for clone.

Post by Alan »

I got to try their brunette last week at a test launch, their brunette is a classic northern brown ale and one of the best i have tasted, I have heard that a friend of the brewers took a shipment over to the states for tasting session a few weeks ago so i was wondering if any one knows anyone that has tasted this beer and would know where to start on a recipe clone. If anyone thinks they know how to clone this brown ale then please email me @ sutherland112@yahoo.co.uk It would be very much appreciated.

Alternativley I could get a hold of a bottle of brunette and send it to an experianced brewer on this forum if he would be willing to try to clone this for me.... Thanks guys. Alan Fothery UK
Alan

Post by Alan »

Quick update some guy on another forum has just pointed me into the direction of this recipe
http://byo.com/recipe/932.html

I think I will give this a try first. I will post back to this thread and let you guys know how I got on. Thanks Alan