Searching for brew clubs in the "Upstate" (SC)

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Searching for brew clubs in the "Upstate" (SC)

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Please reply back if anyone has information on brew clubs in the Greenville / Spartanburg area.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I'll be in your club

Post by Freon12 »

Hey, I thought we had a club here.

I have been reading posts, but everyone is so good at answering them I haven't posted.

Steve

P.S. I may be moving to N.C. in the near future.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Greetings from the Low Country

Post by jeff »

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but BeerTools.com is based in the Charleston, SC area. You'll have to let me know if you ever get down in this area.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

"Come on down" :-)

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Steve,

Let me know if you get in to this area ... where in NC would you be looking at ? We're about 60 miles south of Asheville NC.

Paul.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I'll do it ...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Jeff,

Thanks for the invite, yup I knew you were in the low country, I lived in Florence for 4 years before treking to the upstate. I'll let you know when we head down. Right now I am working on getting my 4 year degree (nights) ... 3 Classes this semester is a heavy load but I am done April 14'th ... Woo Hoo can't wait ...

Cheers,

Paul.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Raleigh

Post by Freon12 »

I don't know exactly right now, because it's just an idea stage at this point, but I did offer to go.

Steve
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

AZ

Post by fitz »

Hey Paul,
Are you in the area where they do the gemstone mining? My wife and young son are kind of rock nuts, and was looking into possibly coming down that way to do the gemstone thing. My inlaws are in the Charolotte/Rockhill area, so that would cut down on our road time, we could visit there, and then make a trip to that part of the Carolina's
If so, where is one of the better places to go, it looks like there are many places down there to go rock mining. I think relaxing with a good beer and watching them would be a better vacation, but I'll probably be in it full force once we get there.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Not really sure

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Fitz,

The only rock / gem stone hunting that we have done is out side of a little Alpine Village called Helen in the northeast corner of Georgia. How ever I hear that there is more emerals in the upper mid N.C. area, above Charlotte (that's about 120 miles from here). Search for emeral hunting on line and let me know what turns up OK?

Regards,

Paul.
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Thanks Paul

Post by fitz »

Thanks for the info.
Above Charlotte is even closer for me than the in-laws. Maybe I could go there, and not even have to visit them. Ha Ha