Brooklyn...try this.

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Brewer2001
Double IPA
Double IPA

Brooklyn...try this.

Post by Brewer2001 »

B,

If you are truly interested in brewing call Garret Oliver at the Brooklyn Brewery. I am not sure where it is, but I think it is in Park Slope.
He has a nice 20 barrel Newlands brewhouse. If you do some reading and impress him a job could follow. He was looking for an assistant brewer/Cellarman a couple of months ago. He was offering a better wage than out here on the west coast. I was tempted to move back to take the job. I am from Flatbush, I do miss 'the old neighborhood'.

I am driving down to mid Washington tomorrow to look at three 7 barrel tanks for my brewpub, just looking for a place to put it.

I agree with all of the other posts, but want to add one more thing (Xbrewer touched on) brew in style and brew for consistancy. These two points are what set the average homebrewers from advanced homebrewers. It is only a small step to making brewing a profession.

Good brewing,

Tom F.
brooklynbrew
Light Lager
Light Lager

thanks YEAST HELP

Post by brooklynbrew »

i dont think i know enough for a job in the brewery business, and i dont know how much that could pay. But thanks. Im from Gerritsen Beach near Sheepshead Bay. Can someone explain the yeast to me? I dont know how much is needed for each gallon of brewing, Is a 15 gram coopers ale yeast good enough for a 2.5 gallon brew? I am going to brew a Nut brown ale. Thanks again
richanne
Light Lager
Light Lager

yes, that's fine

Post by richanne »

that's plenty of yeast. Be sure to stir vigorously.