Thanks for the response!

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

jhaggard29

Thanks for the response!

Post by jhaggard29 »

My understanding is that they will provide the raw wort. the email I got said we need to bring our own kettles, burners, etc. A couple of other questions I have are: I was thinking of making an english special bitter about 10 days before the brew and saving the yeast cake (english dry ale) in a 1/2 gal. jug with an airlock in my refrigerator and using that to pitch. Would this work? Also, about going the other way, I have had a beer call Maredsous that is a belgian tripel, I really liked it, but can't find a recipe anywhere and now, the pub I used to get it from stopped carrying it! Any ideas?
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I have theMaredsous

Post by fitz »

I have a 4 pack of the Maredsous in my fridge right now. It is a good Belgian.
If you want to brew one like that, stay away from the high alpha hops. Belgians are normally high on alc. but low on bitter. I would use noble German hops, and keep the bitter on the low end. Definitely use a starter, and definitely use a big fermenter or a blow off system. I made a Maredsous clone once, but I do not have the recipe available right now. Talk about a krausen. I'll look tonight to see if I can find the recipe, it was a good one.
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

The recipe

Post by fitz »

The recipe I used to formulate the belgian triple was basically a pilsner on steroids. I slacked off the hops, but made the malt turn out to be 10%