Has anyone?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Has anyone?

Post by fitz »

Has anyone converted pin lock kegs to Ball lock kegs? I can now obtain pinlock kegs easier than the ball lock. I am wondering how difficult it is to change the "gas side" to ball lock. The liquid side can stay a pin lock.
zeno
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Not Possible... Flare fittings maby?

Post by zeno »

Unfortunately, even if you take the fittings apart (extra hard on pin lock kegs), the opposing fittings won't fit it.

There are threaded hose fittings (flare fittings), however, that can allow you to swap the hose fittings rather quickly. I bought mine from morebeer.com, though I'm sure you can find them about anywhere.
joemez
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

adapters

Post by joemez »

If you could find the right fittingd(female pin lock to barb and male ball lock to barb) you could make a couple fittings to adapt by connecting them with a small piece of tubing
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Not really worth the trouble

Post by fitz »

I have never messed with the pin lock kegs.
I don't know how they are put together, but I do know about the ball lock. I had a chance to get 4 pin lock kegs for nothing, so I grabbed them. I have a setup that I can add the pin lock to a CO2 line, but I also have a picnic CO2 pump that used cartridges. I do not want to continue to switch the ball for the pin lock, so I thought about converting the gas side to all ball lock. Since this will be a pain in the @$$, I'll either only put picnic beer in ball lock, or buy another picnic pump for the pin lock style.
Thanks for the info though, it will save some time.