What type of beer?

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

OzKat

What type of beer?

Post by OzKat »

I want to make a beer with little aroma, but is fruity and sweet... I have been checking out books etc (I am very new to homebrewing) and I am at a loss, I can find beers that are fruity, (ie: witbier) and beers that haven't got much aroma (ie: stout) - but not both.
Has anyone got any ideas?
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Aroma

Post by fitz »

When you speak of aroma, what are you refering. Hop aroma? If that is the case, it is easy to "fix"
If it is less hop aroma you desire, do not do the aroma addition(the hops within the last 5 minutes of boil. Some do a hop addition for bittering(60 min) and that is all. I personally like the full bitter, flavor, aroma, so I normally do all three, but some beer styles do not call for this. So, don't get too caught up on style, and brew what you want. You can do a pale ale, and go light on the hops and add fruit. Also, check your yeast, some of them have a fruity finish. This may aid a fruit beer.
OzKat

Thanks

Post by OzKat »

Thanks Fitz!
I am new to the brewing aspect of beer, so you're suggestion is much appreciated.