I get an error every time i try to order a kit!

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

timmse
Light Lager
Light Lager

I get an error every time i try to order a kit!

Post by timmse »

Hi all

every time i try to order one of the new kits I get an error, anyone else get that?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

What kind of error?

Post by jeff »

Some people have experienced errors using specific browsers that have a known bug that prevents them from accessing our secure server. Often the message: "Page Cannot Be Displayed" is all the browser will reveal. We have done some research into the issue. What browser are you using?
timmse
Light Lager
Light Lager

thats the one

Post by timmse »

i get the page cannot be displayed error. Im using version 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient.010817-1148
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Well, I'll tell you what I know

Post by jeff »

I found a couple pages at Microsoft that seem to address this particular error. The links are:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... s/PCBD.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241344

The information there is lengthy, and hopefully there is something on those pages that helps. If you find a solution, please post it here because some others may have had the same trouble.

Meanwhile, I will see if there is anything that I can do server side to get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks for your patience.
timmse
Light Lager
Light Lager

this is what it said

Post by timmse »

This behavior may occur because Internet Explorer is configured to use a proxy server to search when none is specified.

To resolve this issue, configure Internet Explorer to automatically detect settings.

but my explorer is configured to automatically detect settings, the solution was only for 95/98/me so it might be a XP problem. I have not updated with a service pack yet, could this be the problem? Microsoft arent known for perfect software :-)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

An option.

Post by jeff »

You could try to download another browser such as Netscape. I have both IE and Netscape browsers on my computer and I switch back and forth. Not sure if that would solve the problem, but after reading those pages a Microsoft, seems like alternatives are would be welcome.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Service pack

Post by jeff »

I have done more research on the MSIE issue. It appears that version 5.5 and version 5.01 for Windows 2000, XP, ME, 98, NT 4.0 all need Service Pack 2 to be able to access some secure servers. Some other versions were mentioned here:

http://www.thawte.com/html/SUPPORT/browsers.html

I hope this helps fix the problem.