does anyone have beer captured???

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

does anyone have beer captured???

Post by dartedplus »

Then set it free!!!!!

I would like the recipe for Chimay grand reserve, I heard it is pretty accurate and would like to give it a try. Drop me a line at edthedart@netscape.net
Thanks,
Ed
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

go to the source

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Mmmmm, Chimay.... drool.... slobber... drool...

I don't own any of the Szamatulski books, but I have taken inspiration from some of their clone brews published in magazines. They own Maltose Express out of CT (maltose.com), and their special market niche is stocking all of the Clonebrew and Beer Captured recipes as kits, so give them a shout. the website has a lits of all the recipes as extract+specialty grain kits, but they encourage you to phone them about an AG kit. Buy it onece from them, and if your regular supplier has better prices get the ingredients from hime the next time around.

Cheers,
Jim
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by dartedplus »

and I quote...."Mmmmm, Chimay.... drool.... slobber... drool..."

thats what I thought when I was told that the clone recipe is very close to the original. I will have to check out their site. Although I was just going to add the ingredients to my alreaady long list of stuff I am ordering. I'm going with austinhomebrew.com this time as they have everything I need and free shipping on any order over $60 (the stuff they dont have they will get)

So at the moment, I was going to place 2 separate orders for 3 batches each. But I might just have to work in the chimay supplies also.

Here is my lineup at the moment...
batch 1
smoked lager
frambois
blue eyed blonde

batch 2
guinness clone
Irish Red
Bud clone (not for me!!!!)

I have a lot of brewing ahead of me, plus I'm also looking for a local source for corny kegs so that I can start kegging. I just hate to pay the shipping, ya know.

Later,
Ed