Info...

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Payson
Light Lager
Light Lager

Info...

Post by Payson »

Hello-
Being a new-comer to this website I would like to thank everyone for the help received thusfar. I am pleased to say that the Framboise Lambic I'm in the process of attempting seems to be going well, largely as a result of information from this forum. Consequently, I would love to know some bio's on any of the frequent posters. The level of expertise suggests that brewing is far more than a mere hobby... Just curiosity.
Thanks
Chris
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Family Tree

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Find the thread entitled
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

HEY

Post by dartedplus »

Who are you callin dysfunctional, thats not nice to say about Freon!!!!!
Payson
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks

Post by Payson »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Interesting "batch" of folks here... I work for South Carolina's Department of Health and Environmental Control. Have been brewing for about 5 years now (mostly extract due to laziness. You know what they say about state workers!)Keep up the good work and keep the site dis"fun"ctional!
Thanks
Chris
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

well, sure...

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Of course, it would be expected that you can get quite a lot done in 700 years, Eric!
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Eric: The Gory Details....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

OK... here is my info:

Prior to being a pro-brewer:

- 11 years as an Exec. VP of a large industrial/commercial contracting firm that specializes in process installation, heating, cooling and digital control in pharmaceutical, medical (medical gas distribution, laboratory and tomography) and manufacturing settings.

- Started homebrewing in 1989.

- BS in Business Management and Marketing, WVU

Towards and in the pro-brew arena:

-BJCP Certified Beer Judge

-Siebel Institute of Technology Diploma Graduate in Brewing Science and hold certifications in: Brewery Engineering, Brewing Microbiology & Microscopy, Brewery Analyitical Quality Control.

-Owned and operated Mesa Maltworks Brewing & Microbiological for 4 years(now you know where my screen name originates) supplying yeast, beer formulation, bacteriological and consulting services to breweries in WV, OH, PA & MD.

-Head Brewer for Wynkoop pub Nail City, now known as River City Ale Works, 1.5 years, in Wheeling, WV.

-Head Brewer for Ohio Brewing Company (now gone) for 1 year in Warren, Ohio.

-Head Brewer for B&O Staion Brewery & Restaurant,
Youngstown, OH, <1 year due to bad business relationships among partners. Thank goodness I wasn't one of them!

-Presently: Head Brewer for Main Street Brewing Company, Evansville, IN, since 8/02.

What else do I do?

- Studio/live musician (drums/bass) for over 20 years playing progressive rock & fusion.

- Big into cooking, particularly Asian. Home roasting coffee.

- Mountain biking.

- Exotic birds.

- CHICKS THAT DIG GOOD BEER !

Prior to all that stuff, I was a CAD/CAM & DDC consultant, ski instructor & Sous Chef. Sort of sounds like I should have been on the TV show "The Pretender", eh....

Eric
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

Post by bredmakr »

B.S. Geology WVU class of 1992.

M.S. Hydrogeology Wright State - Dayton, OH 1994

worked as field geologist in CA for a year then moved to TN and developed skills as a numerical modeler of groundwater systems assisting design and performance of groundwater remediation systems.

Now in northern Indiana working for a large groundwater supply contractor as a Project Hydrogeologist. Lots of computer work but I do get to play with some really big toys from time to time.

throughout all of this I have always enjoyed great beer and over the last 5 years I've become obsessed with the deveopment of the best IPA (currently Jake's #3 IPA).

Also, enjoy my wife and kids (8 months and 3 yrs), mountain biking, backpacking, fishing, motorcycling, home renovation, and of course my dog Jake.