Jim -- Wit Wedding Bells

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Jim -- Wit Wedding Bells

Post by Push Eject »

Hey, Jim

Looking for a wit beer recipe for a friend's wedding in two months (we're making the bride brew it per tradition).

Saw your recipe. Flour? Really? Why?

Would you recommend the recipe for a cross-section of beer drinkers or would it scare off all but the adventuresome?

If you've tried it, does it scale well to 10gal?

Looking forward to it!

Charlie
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Flour Power!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Hey Charlie,

I love the tradition of the Bride's Ale! We had to settle for Guinness and Sam Adams at our wedding because I didn't have time to brew up 10-20 gallons. It's the only thing I really regret not doing because we did everything else
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Use his Wit

Post by dartedplus »

I found Jims wit to be very good. I think it would be "mild" enough for those not indoctrinated into the ways of really good beer. For that matter, I liked it much better than mine!!!!
Cheers
Ed
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Amen

Post by Freon12 »

After two weeks of clearing the beer was great. I spiced the heck out of mine (beertools wit in recipe library) and thought it was my best beer. I still think that today! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Steve(the sleepy, but happy dad).Rock on Grav, I'll be back soon after two weeks in the basement.