Anyone Attending the Real Ale Festival in Chicago?

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Anyone Attending the Real Ale Festival in Chicago?

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

The Real Ale Fesival is being held this weekend in Chicago (28th). I will be there. If anyone else is coming, let me know and we'll try to hook up. If you can get to Chicago by 2:00 PM, I can get you into some behind the scenes events starting with a free techninical and social gathering of probrewers from around the world that is being held at Goose Island Brewing as sponsored by the Institute for Brewing Studies and Siebel Institute of Technology.

Eric
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Ale Envy!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Eric, i went to the first Real Ale Festival in Chicago a few years back, but have not been able to get back for one since. Goose Island is probably in my top 5 favorite American brewpubs, so a trip back home to Chicago just to get to the Goose would be great, let alone the festival! Alas, between my college teaching load this time of the year, and my wife's insistence that I spend the weekend at home because it's our wedding anniversary or something, I'm gonna miss another year. Does your pub have a booth for the weekend?

Hoist a few for me.
Jim
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Reply...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

No, I didn't enter this year because I've allocated all my competition resources on the GABF where for the first time I'm doing multiple entries. At my size, you can't do 'em all ! So I'm just attending this year.

Eric
johnbarley
Light Lager
Light Lager

Other events

Post by johnbarley »

Does anyone know if there's other events around the country (especially the Northeast)? Wish I could also go back to Chicago. Grew up about 2hrs west in a small town (Prophetstown) near Sterling/Rockfalls area. But anyways if someone knows of any such events out my way I would appreciate it!

John Barley (Corn)
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

try these...

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Barley,

The Mac Daddy event will be the GABF in Denver at teh end of August. While you're there, be sure to sample Eric's offerings for us!

Also coming up out west...

March 15: Fairfax Brewfest, Fairfax CA
March 29-30: Great AZ Beer Festival, Phoenix
April 4-6: O'reilly's Oyster and Beer fest, San Francisco
April 12: Reggae on teh River Microbrew tasting festival, Bear Valley CA
April 18-19: Spring Beer festival, Portland OR
April 19: Boonville Beer Festival, Boonville CA

Don't forget that designated driver :-)
Cheers,
Jim
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

darn

Post by Fraoch »

Id be glad just to be able to buy a real ale.
johnbarley
Light Lager
Light Lager

Still to far

Post by johnbarley »

Those places would be nice to attend but again I'm in the Northeast (Massachusetts). I don't think my designated driver would allow me to be under the influence all that way either. She does love me but not that much! I'm sure I can find an event that is closer. But thanks for the info.

Getting set to transfer an oatmeal stout over to the carboy! Can't wait until this is ready!

John Barley (corn)
HardcoreLegend
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

I'M GOING TO REAL ALE!!!!

Post by HardcoreLegend »

Eric, I am planning to go to Real Ale for the Saturday 11:00-3:30 session. I will look forward to seeing you there. I would like correspond with you about a possible "beer exchange", just for fun. I could bring you some of mine, and you could bring a few bottles of yours. If you need to give me any details, email me at HardcoreLegend@Charter.net. Thanks!...Ryan
Sven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Boston Beer Summit

Post by Sven »

According to the Celebrator (shameless plug) the next and closest event for you will be the Boston Beer Summit on April 5th, 2003. More info at www.beersummit.com
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

The Wife Says No

Post by dartedplus »

I just asked if I could just head on out there for the weekend, but the wife said no. I guess its for the better since I wouldnt have a co-pilot and you cant take a road trip without road beers.
Oh well...

Ed