Fitting in at Beertools

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Fitting in at Beertools

Post by Freon12 »

Made ya look!

Anyway I need a fitting to adapt a propane burner to a 1/2" black pipe fitting without it looking like Moe(Gravity), Larry(Darted), Curley(Freon12), and Shep(AZ) plumbing.

Steve " The not always optimistic pipe fitting brewer"

P.S. This fourm seems very tolerant. Many of my posts can and have been taken the wrong way, yet everyone still talks to me! You the men!(and women, I have seen one or two here, I think).PC
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

need more info

Post by dartedplus »

I need a little more info Curley. Is it a black threaded pipe you are attaching to or something different. a pic would help. I will admit that I havent done much with gas piping, right now I'm just trying to "cobb" together a frestanding RIMS (I still need the pump)

Larry (aka Ed)
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

NPT to machine

Post by Freon12 »

I need to go from 1/2" npt blk pipe to 3/8" brass machine thread of a propane burner nozzle.
Strong enough to hold the burner and it can't be copper.

Bye the bye, I have toyed with the idea of a hand powered pump. What do ypu think? Cheaper?

Curley
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

the hand pump, huh

Post by dartedplus »

do you mean the one at home depot that you hook to your drill?? That would be cheaper, but then you would have to stand there and operate it for as long as you plan on recirculating. As far as the pipe thing goes, I dont know, they might have a fitting that would work at the depot that is cast, you should take your parts there and see if you can make anything fit.

later

Larry

BTW, I did go and check out that northern brewer site, it took almost 3 days for them to send me the link so that I could validate (or whatever) my login name. Alot of threads and a lot of info, I'll check it out from time to time, but this is my home page so I start my surfing day here, and usually end it here too.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Aye, I resemble that remark

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Neauck Neauck Neauck, Quit foolin around fellas We've got some serious beer to make, Let's naot all add the yeast in one at a time seperatley OK ... Why I oughta ...

Shemp.
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Stooge

Post by fitz »

Let us not forget Curley Joe, and Joe.
I kind of fancied myself as an amalgam of all of the Stooges. I guess that tells you how many issues I have. Anyway, you should be able to pick up brass fittings in any harware store or the Depot that would couple the two together.
Question for the rest of you: Do you know of a good quality hot plate that won't break the bank. The former kitchen is going to be the brewery, and I need a heat source that won't be a complete stove. Don't want all of the clutter.
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

DIY Fitting

Post by andytv »

It seems like every time I start a plumbing project, I have a similar problem of matching up different threads. It usually means your doing something that wasn't meant to be. I don't know where you would get a hybrid fitting like that, but for the price of a drill and a tap, you could probably make one from a 1/2npt hex bushing. I'm in a good situation where I have access at work to all of the good stuff needed for custom parts, but somehow I still end up using 3-4 pieces to make a transition.

Andy