Anyone brewing?

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

johnbarley
Light Lager
Light Lager

Anyone brewing?

Post by johnbarley »

Just wondering if anyone besides me was brewing this weekeend? I have a Oatmeal Stout cooking right now and thinking of doing a pre-prohibition style beer that I got from my friendly beer supply store after the stout. Depends on how tired I am! Getting the beer stocked up just got the call for military (AF)activation!

John Barley (Corn)
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

cold weather wuss

Post by Freon12 »

I was going to brew but the Indiana weather has me staying in. Soon I will cause many threads!

Steve( the shivering but relaxed brewer on hold)

P.S. Tell the boys to finish them off this time!
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Not Yet :-(

Post by BillyBock »

Unfortunately, not yet...brewery upgrade has the system down. I've got one more leak to fix, and then I'll be ready. Within the coming weeks it'll be a pale lager so I can test out the S-23 yeast.

v/r
Bill
johnbarley
Light Lager
Light Lager

Freezing here in Massachusetts

Post by johnbarley »

I hear you on the cold! I'm suppose to boil outside but the wife went out of town for the day and I took it upon myself to cook in the kitchen. She won't mind the smell :) as long as I had fun!

John Barley
Save The Ales

Hope Ahead

Post by Save The Ales »

John,

I was watching NECN (New England Cable News) earlier this evening and looks like we might hit 40 by Thursday. Brewing indoors tomorrow (Sunday) and at this rate won't move outside until May or June :) Anyway, wife doesn't mind the smell - her sister is a different story so I call my brew "Sister-In-Law Repellent".

Paul
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

oat stout also...

Post by Fraoch »

Getting ready for competition in July/ Aug, so am starting with the maltier/ darker varieties.Just made 43 litres of oat stout,which gives me 1 cornilius and lots of bottles - hate bottling!!!32c here so hot work, but then again, thats normal,just used my new mash tun and am now looking to iron out the teething difficulties. 3 weeks time and on with an English bitter.
Fraoch
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Racked yesterday, brewed last week ...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Hi John, First off, "May God bring back home safe and unharmed" I agree, put this butt hole out of our misery.

I brewed last weekend, my "Autumn in Bavaria" (marzen/oktoberfest) racked it yesterday, this is the second try at this favorite with mild modifications, this time I hit the matlyness I was looking for, with perfect hop balance ... All I can say is it's going to be a long 4-6 weeks before I drink any. I also racked my "Azorean Brewer's Precocious Pilsner" with 6 oz. of Saaz total, this beer should blow my nose off ...

Cheers mates ... If y'all like a good Marzen check out my recipe in the archives. It's wicked ...

Paul.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

boiling inside

Post by Freon12 »

What doesn't boil over, won't hurt you, Right?
Check Save the ales reply, Funny man huh?(good idea)

S.