About that drought....

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

About that drought....

Post by Fraoch »

Is it just me, or are others suspicious when the price of a carton of beer goes up by exactly $1?I mean dont get me wrong, if it wasnt for XXXX i would never have started brewing my own( thanks guys!). As a homebrewer I have NEVER been able to source locally grown barley as XXXX make sure none else can get their hands on it!! The result is that all my grain comes from W.Australia, and i pay up to $1750 a ton, not $450!!!Makes me mad, they talk rubbish and brew worse!!!
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Peculiar

Post by fitz »

Its kind of odd that when Austrailia began brewing their beer was so bad no one would drink it, not even Australians. Now, they make Foster's, and Sheaf Stout, and it is premium beer. Either a complete turn around, or some great marketing. I'll stick to Home Brew.
hophead
Light Lager
Light Lager

Brew your own--grow your own

Post by hophead »

Gav, I think the obvious solution here is to send wee Jimmy and the wife out in the backyard with a spade and a hoe, dig it up and plant your own barley.You should get 60 bu/acre, that equates to about 1800 lbs and it won't cost you but about $25 for the seed.Just kidding of course,Gav I've been trying to e-mail you and it keeps coming back, I need an addy. Jim
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Where you been Hophead???

Post by Fraoch »

Ive been trying to contact you also!!!!!!! If you look back through the posts, others have too.our computer crashed so we got a new one but managed to transfer the farmerjim email address but nothing came back. Figured id either upset you or your computer was no more. Good to see you back!!Got the old man over from Blighty and weve invented THE mash tun of all mash tuns, lots to tell--get in touch,
Gav
Email; bigjimbo@froggy.com.au
Look forward to hearing from you Jim.
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Nail on head, but Fosters????

Post by Fraoch »

Spot on, Fitz, if you get Sheaf Stout then you are a fortunate bloke,i live in Queensland and it is only available in New South Wales. So a trip over the border is required to get the odd bottle.It truly is a fine stout and is one of my favourites.But im sorry, i cannot in any way imaginable agree with you in regard to Fosters, but then again i tend to stick to homebrew also!
xero1
Light Lager
Light Lager

xxxx and forsters thats sick

Post by xero1 »

man I cant beleive so many people drink that xxxx !@#$ I moved up from NSW and we only drank Toheeys extra dry and VB and for 2 years got my mate to bring me up a case of extra dry from over the border every weekend or so until QLD woke up to themself and brought it over but at a price and a half. Now I sip on home brew caronas special blend and crown lager home brew all for $18 for 60 stubbies stuff the tax rought of buying a case.