Jay: Digital Thermometer?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Jay: Digital Thermometer?

Postby Push Eject » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:30 pm

Jayhawk, where did you get your "digital instant read thermometer, accurate to within 1 degree"?

Cheers,
Ollie
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Bella Vita

Postby jayhawk » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:28 pm

My folks picked it up at "Bella Vita" kitchen store in Vancouver BC, Canada. It was $CDN 35. Their email is info@bellavita.ca. Maybe you can arrange a mail order. I have yet to test the thing, but it seems like a pretty good piece of equipment. Nothing to fancy, just a metal probe with a digital readout on the top. One cool thing is that is takes readings every second, so I won't have to wait 3 mins for the old dairy thermometer to register.

Chris
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Check out...

Postby dartedplus » Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:46 am

You should check out one of those kitchen stores. I got one of those digital "fork" thermometers that came with a probe on a 36" long wire for about $20 US. Works great, you just throw the probe into your kettle or mash tun and you're set. It also has an alert setting so you dont have to stand there and watch it, just put in the temp you want and an alarm sounds when it reaaches the set temp.

Ed
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Housewares Department

Postby l48shark » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:23 pm

I got mine at Wal*Mart for a couple of bucks. :D

Cheers,
Ford
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

cool ones on ebay

Postby lookiloo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:28 am

Theres a couple of cool cheap electronic thermometers on ebay. Search term 'electronic thermometer' will get you a selection.
lookiloo

Return to Equipment