One great clone brew

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

One great clone brew

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Hi all,

I have taken a sabbatical from the forum due to my continuing education efforts and this was fianls week. But they are over and I am ready to get back in the game ... Yahooooo

Anyway the last batch I brewed was a clone out of "Clone Brews" and it is a Bass ale recipe. It turned out to be the best beer I have ever made. If you like Bass, and John Courage YOU HAVE GOT TO MAKE THIS ... search under the archives for "Azorean Brewer's Big Bass Bitters.

Regards,

Paul.
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

By the way...

Post by jayhawk »

I brewed your Mocha porter (without the coffee) and was very, very impressed. A truly excellent porter. I shared this batch with a good friend of mine and his step dad, and they loved it so much it was gone in a couple of weeks! Anyway, I will be brewing up another round this weekend. I will put the Bass on the list.

Chris
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Tootin my own horn

Post by jayhawk »

I have to recommend a recipe I came up with last month. I just cracked the first six pack, and I was blown away. This is an attempt at replicating Yukon Brew Co's "Artic Red" (search for Artic Red in the recipe database). It is very malty, with great hop. The aroma is incredible and the colour is a lovely deep red. This is the first recipe I developed that I know for sure to be really good. I have developed and brewed my first amazing beer, I can die happy now.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

It's a wonderful feeling

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Chris,

There is nothing like the rush you get when you have formulated a recipe that you think has what it takes to be really good, but you are never really sure until that Temporal moment in time when you taste it for the first time. It blows you away and you have to sit back and say "Dang, I made this, good bye beer store, it's been nice".

The next thing that happens it this becomes a mad and frustrating quest to do it again with a different recipe LOL ...

Cheers my good man. I brew once a month (to keep everybody happy, wife that is :-) wink), so I will look at this recipe for January and let you know what I come up with.

BTW, glad you liked the porter. I too have trouble keeping it around when I have company over, but then again, isn't that the reason we brew ...

Paul.
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Ich bin Munchner

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Well done. With all that munich malt it must be malt heaven!

Cheers,
JIm