Rauchbier Anyone???

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Rauchbier Anyone???

Post by dartedplus »

Does anyone have a clone recipe for Schlenkerla Rauchbier?? I thought I might give a smoked bier a try, and Schl. is the king of smoked beers. Just like drinking a piece of beef jerky!!!!

Ed
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Smoke em if you got em.

Post by Gravity Thrills »

I have only had one occassion to try Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier, and it was quite memorable. I come across Kaiserdom a little bit more often, thanks to Charlie Finkel and Merchant du Vin.

The April 2000 BYO had a smoked beers piece, including a partial mash recipe for a Bamburg style rauch. I know that article is available in their onling archives if you don't have the magazine. Someone else here might be able to get you a little closer to authenticity.

Cheers,
Jim
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Thanks

Post by dartedplus »

Thanks, after I posted, I foind that there was also an article in the Sept 2002 issue on smoked beers. So I pretty much have my recipe put together, I just have to order the "stuff". When I do post the recipe, it will be called "Smoke Signals Rauchbier-Urbock"

I cant wait!

Impatient Ed