Wow, Anyone looking for a brewery...

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

Wow, Anyone looking for a brewery...

Post by stumpwater »

A church in my hometown is for sale. It is a beautiful stone building and has been on the market for years. Many times I have thought, about how it would make a great brewery or restaurant/brewpub. Ok, the reason I posted this is that the price is right. The congregation is currently building a new church and is eager to dump the existing building. The asking price is currently $390,000 (Canadian dollars) and it sounds like they would accept $350,000. Anyway, that is really cheap considering the building. Just thought I'd share my pipe dream with you all. If anyone wants to see pics of the building, I could take some digital photos. Anyone seriously interested in pursuing this, and I have could get all the info on taxes/bylaws/etc.. etc.../who to contact about purchase. Of course it means that I get a job mopping up in the brewery, but I think that is a small price to pay for a finder's fee. :)

Stefan

p.s. ( $350,000 Canadian is probably only about $240,000 U.S. and I am willing to sell my house and move the family into the broom closet)
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Another Opportunity

Post by l48shark »

Stefan,

Good point. I hate seeing good buildings go to waste. The house across the street from mine is for sale for about the same price. Will someone please turn it into a brewpub? I promise to be a regular customer and bring all my friends. Contact me for more information.

Cheers,
Ford