Pepo Ale I update...for those interested

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

Pepo Ale I update...for those interested

Post by bredmakr »

I finally brewed my 1st pumpkin ale this past weekend. It was not only the 1st pumpkin ale for my brewery but also the first 10 gallon boil, the first use of my new Phil's sparge system and false bottom, and my first use of two strains of yeast.

I would like to thank all of those who provided input to my questions during the development of the recipe. I have high hopes for this beer because it past my wife's wort tasting test with flying colors.

I roasted quartered pumpkins at 375
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Thanks for the info

Post by jayhawk »

I have been meaning to brew a pumpkin brew to be ready for Xmas, but I keep putting it off in favour of other brews. I have three batches to brew, so after those I will actually do this. Where can I see your recipe?
Chris
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

search for 'Pepo Ale I'

Post by bredmakr »

It is in the database as 'Pepo Ale I'. Make sure and spell it with the 'P' and 'A' and 'I' capitolized. Apparently the search engine is case sensitive. When I searched for 'pepo ale i' it didn't find anything, but when I searched for 'Pepo Ale I' it came right up. Let me know if you have any more questions.