What do you guys think about this topic?

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

What do you guys think about this topic?

Post by lathe »

Hello Everyone,
I came across a reference to BeerTools in the Google groups. What are your thoughts on the questions raised? We want to make this site as useful as possible (whether you are a basic member or GOLD member) Do you think the basic tools are useful? What made you go GOLD? Here is the link:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... 26rnum%3D3
Thanks,
Lathe
BeerTools Staff
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Put in a good word

Post by andytv »

I registered and put in a good word for beertools on Google. It's good to know that your getting a little exposure out in the nether regions of the web. If you fishing for memebers, you may want to consider placing banners in places like google. In the meantime, it is up to us, the core group of beertools members to help out with word of mouth advertising (how bout a discount on my Gold member renewal?).

Andy
sambuka

Basic Vs. Gold

Post by sambuka »

Basic is helpful but the Gold is more in depth information. J.P.
stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

dear lathe

Post by stumpwater »

I have only used beertools.com and having said that I only have one thing to say. (you may quote this if you like) "it is not the tools, its how you use them". After having read all the current posts on the above mentioned forum, I can only say that beertools.com has provided me with the ability to make premium beer. The kind of beer that makes people say, "I'll have another". What more can you say. I still only have a basic membership. It has all been about the quality of your forum, and how can you beat this quality? You can't. Thanks for providing such a site. I can't wait until I can finally put the money together for the gold membership. Not because it is sooo much better. Just because I am happy to support you and all your amazing effort. Cheers!
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Beertools is an all inclusive site

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Lathe,

I am a basic member. My budget doesn't provide for frills right now and the "Gold" membership would be a frill. The basic membership gives me everything I need to brew premium beer. The other thing I like most is the friendship bond that the "regulars" have here. The bulletin board is the most knowledgable one I have ever visited. I like that even with the free membership you have access to other peoples recipes where you can augment them to formulate your own. All I can say is "Keep marching to your own drum" and let us get the word of mouth out on this great site.

Paul.
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Beertools mighty fine

Post by jayhawk »

This forum has put me on a homebrewing path I never imagined. My level of knowledge about brewing, plus the quality of my beer, have grown exponentially over the last year, 99% because of this site. The forum has been incredible, plus I am now starting to use the recipe creator. Thanks lathe for maintaining this place.
Chris (basic member)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

andytv, about that discount

Post by jeff »

I think incentives are a great idea. I added another month to your membership. And for all you other GOLD members out there, if you can show proof of a good word you put in for BeerTools.com GOLD, you have yourself an extra month of GOLD on us.
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Thanks!

Post by andytv »

Very gracious of you Jeff, but my testimony was unsolicited; Beertools has helped me develop as a brewer, and I hope it can help other folks.
Raydownunder
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

The best site

Post by Raydownunder »

Hi all
Well all I use is beertools for my recipes and with some new improvements it will only get better. As for the results I have 6 beers in the up and coming Australian titles and 4 beers entered into the NSW Comp.
All these beers were generated from beertools and the secret is THINK what you are making and modify it to Style and you will have a winner.
Ray Mills