Ingredient list in printout

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
matte75
Light Lager
Light Lager

Ingredient list in printout

Post by matte75 »

Hello!
At the brewery i work at, we have been using ProMash forever, but i finally been able to use Beertoons instead. (had it as a homebrewer for ages). One thing that you got to fix though, is the Ingredient list in print out! Seperate grains and the rest (mashing ingredients), and try to adjust the lists in collums, ex; Amount, Name, Boiltime, IBU/ ingredient/ time (to see what IBU each addition have makes it easyer to tweek and compare recipes). As it is now it´s kind of messy.. Just try to simplify it, rows, collums etc, and it would be super!!

Have a nice day!
Springtime i Sweden, Cheers! Mattias
matte75
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Ingredient list in printout

Post by matte75 »

Bumping my own thread...sorry....but i would really like to see those improvements on the printout.. Would make my life as a brewer much, much better..

Mattias, Sweden
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by bpylant »

I actually posted about this several years ago; here's a side-by-side comparison of BTP and Beer Alchemy, and IMO BA's printout format wins hands-down:

I'm not suggesting that you copy it precisely, but the overall organization (including the split between different types of ingredients) is critical to making an easier-to-read recipe sheet on brewday.
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
MacBook Pro (14 Inch, 2021)
32GB RAM
matte75
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by matte75 »

Bumping my own thead again.... Trying out the new 2.0 and i find it really, really good. The layout is great and easy to work with..

BUT...

The printout list, !@#$! The ingredients is as its been, PLEASE make columns for the ingredients, especially the hops. I work at fairly big microbrewery, and we use the printouts every day, every brew. When brewing we often do continous hopping, and its not unusual that we have 15 additions of hops in the boil, plus dry hopping. As the list is now, the boil time and the type of hop is really difficult to read... Please make columns for: Time, amount, type, alpha addition in boil.

Comparing recipes would be easier. And as a part of my work, i evaluate the recipes all the time, this would also be easier..

The new Beertools is great, and it would be better with new lists!

My boss still likes the 10 year old Promash, but i don´t.. would really like to just use Beer tools, but it´s as you know hard to get an old..... It would be easier to change with new print outs, he hates them now..

Regards, Mattias
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

matte75 wrote:Bumping my own thead again.... Trying out the new 2.0 and i find it really, really good. The layout is great and easy to work with..

BUT...

The printout list, !@#$! The ingredients is as its been, PLEASE make columns for the ingredients, especially the hops. I work at fairly big microbrewery, and we use the printouts every day, every brew. When brewing we often do continous hopping, and its not unusual that we have 15 additions of hops in the boil, plus dry hopping. As the list is now, the boil time and the type of hop is really difficult to read... Please make columns for: Time, amount, type, alpha addition in boil.

Comparing recipes would be easier. And as a part of my work, i evaluate the recipes all the time, this would also be easier..

The new Beertools is great, and it would be better with new lists!

My boss still likes the 10 year old Promash, but i don´t.. would really like to just use Beer tools, but it´s as you know hard to get an old..... It would be easier to change with new print outs, he hates them now..

Regards, Mattias
I hear you. I will place it as a priority feature in the todo list. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
matte75
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by matte75 »

Thanks Jeff, sounds good.. Been playing around whith the program today, and it looks great!

Cheers, Mattias
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

matte75 wrote:Thanks Jeff, sounds good.. Been playing around whith the program today, and it looks great!

Cheers, Mattias
Thanks, Mattias!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Ale

Post by Ale »

Hi, new to the forum and I would like to say as a commercial brewer I love BeerTools Pro!

I'm adding to this post because the only problem I have is when I go to order ingredients every week. I like the shopping list feature and not only do I agree that it needs to be cleaner with columns but I would really like it to list the supplier. Instead of "Pale Ale Malt" it should read "Pale Ale Malt; Malteries Franco-Belges" like it does in the recipe. We order tons of grain from many different maltsters. I look forward to the day when I can copy my shopping list and paste it to an email!

Also, instead of tying it to your inventory, maybe just have check boxes like in the recipe so you can just print what you know you need.

Thanks and Cheers for making a pro brewers life a little easier
jawohls

Post by jawohls »

When you do get to making this feature change, can you add a toggle to the not print the graph off as part of the schedule, or make it a separate option all together in the print window? I, personally do not use it much but do want the rest of the schedule information on the printed sheet.

I also like the column idea in this thread, although the schedule is half way displayed in columns already it would be nice to have all of the data in columns as well to make reading easier.

say...
type / volume / ratio / Temp (strike) / Temp target / duration / Temp final / available / run off
matte75
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by matte75 »

Any progress on the printout? I still use the old verison because of the printout..
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by bpylant »

In addition to my suggestion above about how the recipe prints out, it would also be great to get some horizontal rules or a grid on the shopping list printout, to make it easier to read across while in the shop.
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
MacBook Pro (14 Inch, 2021)
32GB RAM
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

That certainly would make it easier to read +1
matte75
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by matte75 »

Bumpin´ the thread..

Please, do the printout on the 2,0 a little easyer to read, with collumns for minutes, followed by hops and amounts. Easy!