Lesson learned

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Lesson learned

Post by jayhawk »

Well, I am finally enjoying fruits of my first all grain brew. Thanks to all those who helped me out along the way. The pale ale is great, it is by far much better than the extract beers I was brewing. The character of the entire beer is great. With all grain there is definetly the feeling that you are drinking real beer, not just homebrewed whatever. I would encourage any extract brewers to make the jump. I was intimidated at first, but just keep reading and learning and asking questions. It is worth the extra effort. I think I can finally start to excercise the "don't worry" part of the slogan. (I already had the "and have a homebrew" part down after my 2nd batch).
Git brewin
Chris
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

WooHoo!

Post by BillyBock »

Chris: Glad to hear it went well for you. Is this the pale ale from your earlier post that had the bitterness problem you were worried about? I've been AG'ing for 1 1/2 yrs now and love it--fresh air, a friend or two, fresh beer, heavy metal. Like Toyota used to say, "Oh, what a feeling." :-) Keep up the continued successes. What's next?

v/r
Bill
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Lots on the list

Post by jayhawk »

Yeah, it is the same batch. Everything just mellowed out at the end, and after 1.5 weeks in the bottle, it is really coming around. I have tons of ideas for more beer, and right now it is just a matter of having enough time to brew them all. My next batch will be a chocolate porter, followed by a very light ale for Sunday football games. I have an Amber Ale batch in the bottle conditioning right now, plus a mash hopped pale ale in the secondary. Hmm, I guess I have had enough time to brew lately, it just seems like I don't because there are so many things I want to try.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Your house

Post by Freon12 »

I'm gonna show up at your house to brew very soon. Bet on it!

Cheers
Steve