Unable to add bitterness or Infinite hop!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.

Unable to add bitterness or Infinite hop!

Postby DEADPAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 am

:?:
Okay so I have BTP, most recent update, and for some reason the style guide slider for bitterness does not move no matter the amount of hops I add. I'm designing an Old Ale and I am within all parameters but when I come to "bitterness" and add hops, the little green marker that's supposed to fall within the blue style line never moves; why?
Any help appreciated, I'm sure my ADHD is blinding me!
DEADPAN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Re: Unable to add bitterness or Infinite hop!

Postby jeff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am

DEADPAN wrote::?:
Okay so I have BTP, most recent update, and for some reason the style guide slider for bitterness does not move no matter the amount of hops I add. I'm designing an Old Ale and I am within all parameters but when I come to "bitterness" and add hops, the little green marker that's supposed to fall within the blue style line never moves; why?
Any help appreciated, I'm sure my ADHD is blinding me!

From where did you add the hop? The database or did you create the ingredient from scratch?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 9:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC

Postby DEADPAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

Hey Jeff! I added it from the Ingredient DB, East Kent Goldings. I even manually added it to "My Ingredients" and still no change.[/img]
DEADPAN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Postby jeff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:00 am

DEADPAN wrote:Hey Jeff! I added it from the Ingredient DB, East Kent Goldings. I even manually added it to "My Ingredients" and still no change.[/img]

How long is the boil duration?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 9:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC

Postby DEADPAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm

GOT IT! I knew it was my !@#$ ADHD! I swear to God!
I have 3oz (30m before end of boil) in the recipe but it won't change in "post-boil (Kettle)" only if set to "Boil (Kettle)". Why is that?
Oh, boil duration is 1.5 hr.
DEADPAN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Postby jeff » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

DEADPAN wrote:GOT IT! I knew it was my !@#$ ADHD! I swear to God!
I have 3oz (30m before end of boil) in the recipe but it won't change in "post-boil (Kettle)" only if set to "Boil (Kettle)". Why is that?
Oh, boil duration is 1.5 hr.

Hop bitterness is only calculated for hops that are boiled. If they are added post-boil (steeped) then it is assumed that no bitterness is contributed. Hope this helps.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 9:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC

Postby DEADPAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Gotchya', Jeff as always you guys are always on top of helping out guys like me, BEER TOOLS RULEZ!
Thanks! :wink:
DEADPAN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Postby jeff » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 pm

DEADPAN wrote:Gotchya', Jeff as always you guys are always on top of helping out guys like me, BEER TOOLS RULEZ!
Thanks! :wink:

Thanks, man!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 9:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC


Return to BeerTools Pro General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron