Problems with recipe library

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
paintbomb
Light Lager
Light Lager

Problems with recipe library

Post by paintbomb »

recently i was having trouble duplicating a recipe in the recipe library, through right clicking on a recipe and selecting duplicate. some recipes would allow the duplication while others apparently did nothing. It turns out it was duplicating within the folder, but not appearing in the library section of BTP.

Then somehow all of my recipes disappeared from the library, though are still within the actual folder in My Documents. I can still open the files in BTP, but rebuild library is no longer seeing these recipes and if I scan to import it finds the recipes, but will ultimately still not allow them to be seen in the library section.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Problems with recipe library

Post by jeff »

paintbomb wrote:recently i was having trouble duplicating a recipe in the recipe library, through right clicking on a recipe and selecting duplicate. some recipes would allow the duplication while others apparently did nothing. It turns out it was duplicating within the folder, but not appearing in the library section of BTP.

Then somehow all of my recipes disappeared from the library, though are still within the actual folder in My Documents. I can still open the files in BTP, but rebuild library is no longer seeing these recipes and if I scan to import it finds the recipes, but will ultimately still not allow them to be seen in the library section.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
What version of BTP?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
paintbomb
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by paintbomb »

Ahh, looks like it was a slightly outdated version. Strange because the program usually prompts me to update. Maybe I ignored it while in a hurry one day. Looks like everything is back to normal after the update.

Thanks for such an amazing program. I have been using it since I started home brewing years ago and now use it in our commercial brewery, Pipeworks Brewing Company, that we just opened in Chicago.

Always looking forward to the continued growth of the program.

Cheers \
Beejay
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

paintbomb wrote:Ahh, looks like it was a slightly outdated version. Strange because the program usually prompts me to update. Maybe I ignored it while in a hurry one day. Looks like everything is back to normal after the update.

Thanks for such an amazing program. I have been using it since I started home brewing years ago and now use it in our commercial brewery, Pipeworks Brewing Company, that we just opened in Chicago.

Always looking forward to the continued growth of the program.

Cheers \
Beejay
Great! Glad it was a simple fix. Congratulations on the new brewery, cool name :wink: I hope to roll some new stuff out this year so check back to see if anything gets posted about a beta test release.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff