Transferring recipes

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.

Transferring recipes

Postby MrStrange Brew » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:17 am

Hi,

First post on here. I want to transfer all my recipes onto my other mac computer and I cant seem to find a way to do it. Anyone know how?
Beer, I like it.
MrStrange Brew

Postby ColoradoBrewer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:45 am

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm not on a Mac, but what comes to my mind is transferring your recipe files from the old computer to a thumb drive or CD and then to the new machine. Since you're on a Mac is iCloud a possibility?
BTP 2.0.8 (Linux)
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Transferring recipes

Postby jeff » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 pm

MrStrange Brew wrote:Hi,

First post on here. I want to transfer all my recipes onto my other mac computer and I cant seem to find a way to do it. Anyone know how?

It's all about the "library" folder. This folder is probably located in your documents folder and has the name "BeerTools Pro". Inside the library folder is the "BeerTools Pro Library.rsd" file and the "Recipes" folder. These must me kept together. Copying the whole library folder to the new computer and making sure it is selected in the preferences window should do the trick.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Postby MrStrange Brew » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 am

Thank's very much guys all transferred :)
MrStrange Brew

Postby starsailor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 pm

FYI, if you put the library folder on a thumb drive and map it to the same drive on all your machine. Then simply moving the thumb drive from machine to machine makes for really easy transfering.
starsailor
Light Lager
Light Lager

Return to BeerTools Pro General Topics