Excellent Hop Scale update

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Excellent Hop Scale update

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Brewers, I recently posted a request for information on hop scales.

I did not want to spend a lot of money, times are tough and all, I'd rather spend it on brewing supplies.

Anyway what I found was a great buy. If you are looking for a cheap good scale, go to your local "Dart" supply shop and purchase a "Pocket Gram Scale" around $5.00, range is 0-4 ounces in one gram increments, and they claim to be accurate to 1 gram. This is perfect and exactly what I was looking for, now I just have to find one in the "upstate" of SC. Thanks for all the help.

Besides what goes better with beer than darts ? :-), I guess you could say we hit the bullseye on this one ARRGGGGHHHHHH LOL ...

Paul.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Alright I found some ...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

So here I am at work, during a break (of course) and I called every dart supply shop in the "Upstate" area with no luck. No one had a "Pocket Gram Scale". I am sitting there telling a much younger collegue about it and he says "Call this alternative tobacco shop on such and such street". I look up the number and Bamm they have them $4.95 plus tax, except they called them "Pocket Postal Scales" . This place was different, I can't imagine anyone smoking tobacco in those tiny little glass pipes, I can imagine they are easy to clean, but how do you bite on the end ? ? ? ... anyway if you have an "Alternative Tobacco" shop in your area you can find these awsome hop gram scales great for 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 - 1 up to 4 ounces. Hop accuracy at low price ... Rock on spliff babies ...

Paul.
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Hops and the alternative bud

Post by jayhawk »

Hemp ale is good, but what about marijuana ale? In BC here, da buddha flows easier than the beer sometimes. I have always wondered what it would be like to throw a little dope in the secondary of a nice light ale, or lager if I could lager. Anyone ever tried this?

Good times
Chris
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Highly illegal

Post by Freon12 »

BC does some strange things opposite to the strange things the US does.(explain Tony Blair).
I don't think anyone in the US will touch this due to the culture against MJ and it's negitive connotations here. Me, I didn't inhale.
Stick to the beer, it's more interesting.

Prost,
Steve
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Bong beer

Post by jayhawk »

I thought I would throw that idea out after Az mentioned the glass "tobacco" pipes. It reminded me of skipping class in high school to go downtown to buy cool, trippy pipes. Personally, my tokin days have passed, and I agree that beer is more interesting. Up here, bud fuels our economy. It is the #1 cash crop in BC, and it is all underground. The only way many rural communities stay afloat is from the trade in MJ. I still like the aroma and taste of the herb though, and thought it would impart a good flavour in to a nice light beer.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

just wanted to pass on info not start a politcal debate

Post by Azorean Brewer »

I just wanted brewers to know where to get cool scales perfect for hop weights, let's make a deal and keep politics off the subject OK ?
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Up in da hills heer....

Post by andytv »

Rural Western PA is no stranger to marijuana use, almost all the hillbillies use it in moderation. My buddies in the brew club have discussed using it as a flavoring, but I'm afraid what you would end up with is a $100+ batch of beer that taste a little like marijuana. The reality is that is would be a very expensive & illegal flavoring.