Problem with my recipie

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

Nazco

Problem with my recipie

Post by Nazco »

Hi every one, i'm on the point to start a new beer at home and i am just starting as a bewer.

I got a recipie on the net but i would like to have your advise about something. The recipies says i have to put my mash into 12 liters of water for the boiling and all the stuff, and at the end, too splash 5,5 gallons of water..

Si, there is my question: am i supposse to take a full 5.5 gallons plus my 12 liters or i take 12 liters from my 5.5 gallons and but the rest of it at the end..? So do i have a 23l batch or 32 liters batch!?

I hope you can help me and if somebody knows a good place neer montreal and the areas whwre i could find a big 50L bucket to make my mash mix on the fire it ciuld be appreciated

By the way, the recipie is here : http://beerrecipes.org/showrecipe.php?recipeid=729
bobcat_brewer
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by bobcat_brewer »

I suspect your recipe wants you to have a total of 23l when you are finished. :)
slothrob

volume

Post by slothrob »

Depending on your efficiency, 23 L makes the most sense for hitting 1.046 OG. 20 L is probably more realistic, since that should give you about 1.046 at 75% mash efficiency..
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP