Mocha Porter update

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Mocha Porter update

Post by Azorean Brewer »

If you are looking for a really good Porter recipe try my "Mocha Porter". It is so incredibly delicious I wanted to lick the empty glass. This brew has only been bottled for 3 weeks. I am looking forward to what it will taste like after 2 months. Beer is a wonderful thing. See ya,

Paul.
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Sound delishhhh

Post by jayhawk »

Hey, this sounds good. how chocolaty is the flavour. My girlfriend really wants me to make a chocolate stout, porter, whatever, so long as it has some bloody chocolate in it. Is this is a really rich flavour brew?
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Chocolate amount

Post by Azorean Brewer »

JayHawk,
In this current recipe form the chocolate is present but not pronounced. I would suggest adding 50% more chocolate to achive that. Also this Porter has a prounced hop nose (aroma, definitely not over powering, I think it is great). My wife is not as big of a hop head as I am and she finds that the hops in this recipe are a little on the stronger side than she prefers. If your girl frined also prefers hops on the lighter side I would recommend eliminating the dry hops. Let me know if there is any more info you need OK? Also if you can remember better than I can, put in the coffee LOL ... I forgot to add it because it is not a normal ingridient, that's what happens when you drink and brew at the same time :-}

Paul