SRM formula choices

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.

Which color formula do you prefer?

What BeerTools Pro uses currently
No votes
Morey
100%
Noonan
No votes
Daniels
No votes

Total votes: 3

jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Poll

Post by jeff »

Ok, everyone chime in on the poll above. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

I chose Morey. My preference is to be able to choose from a list, but if that is not possible I'd like Morey as the majority of recipes I come across use that.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

My primary choice is for morry although having multiple choices would be good for other users.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Added in version 1.5.13

Post by jeff »

Color models can be selected or edited by choosing "Color Model" from the "Recipe" menu. The model choice is saved with the recipe, however, older versions of BTP ignore the color model settings. To use the color model that previous versions use, choose "Classic".
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

Awesome! Thanks, Jeff!
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

TCBrewguy wrote:Awesome! Thanks, Jeff!
I hope it's what you had in mind. I think it may be handy to enter your own data points on the custom curve to get the exact results you want.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Thanks, Jeff!
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

jeff wrote:
I hope it's what you had in mind. I think it may be handy to enter your own data points on the custom curve to get the exact results you want.
It's great. One question though: do you have to save the color model selection for each recipe or can you just use "make default" to apply the color model selection to all recipes in the library? I messed around with it a little yesterday but wasn't able to get a consistent result.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

TCBrewguy wrote:
jeff wrote:
It's great. One question though: do you have to save the color model selection for each recipe or can you just use "make default" to apply the color model selection to all recipes in the library? I messed around with it a little yesterday but wasn't able to get a consistent result.
The color model is saved with the recipe but it looks like the setting isn't saved with default settings. I'll upload an update this coming week.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

jeff wrote:
TCBrewguy wrote:
jeff wrote: I hope it's what you had in mind. I think it may be handy to enter your own data points on the custom curve to get the exact results you want.
The color model is saved with the recipe but it looks like the setting isn't saved with default settings. I'll upload an update this coming week.
Cool, thanks!