Mash Schedule question

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
marnel47

Mash Schedule question

Post by marnel47 »

Anyone have any idea why everytime i set up mash schedule and add a sparge step to BK it say's i have some odd number like -.37 gal availiable? Am I doing something wrong in the set up?
slothrob

negative sparge

Post by slothrob »

I'm not sure. How are you setting up the schedule?

I create a Mash In step, set the mash in volume, create a Rest step, create a Batch Sparge step, then check the Lock box next to the Total Runoff field and let BTP calculate my sparge volume for me.

I can't seem to force it to give me a negative volume.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
marnel47

Post by marnel47 »

Oddly I can't repeat it at the moment, maybe i'm crazy or I changed something on one of the calibrated vessels. thanks :)
slothrob

negative volume

Post by slothrob »

At least it's working, now. Hopefully just an odd collection of settings that confused the math a little. If you nail down what caused it, submit it as a bug report so it can get fixed.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
marnel47

Post by marnel47 »

Ok, so I ran into this issue again but I think i better understand what is occurring now and atleast know how to deal with it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior but either way I think i know how to address it in a way that works for me.

Basically I had 1 gallon of dead space applied to my mash tun, and when setting up the final sparge step it was calculating the amount of water i'd need but highlighting the step in red saying i was going to be short in my collection when locked to kettle volume. I'm not sure why the program didn't just apply extra sparge water to the step based on the deadspace but I just manually added another gallon to the sparge water editor and now it says i have I have enough which is fine for me.