saving recipe trouble

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.

saving recipe trouble

Postby HItransplant » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 pm

has anyone had difficulty saving new recipes.

I selected save as, typed in the new name, but the program keeps saying there is a recipe with that name already saved.. indicating that the file was still "untitled recipe."

ideas?
HItransplant

trouble saving recipe

Postby slothrob » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:16 am

What you need to do is change the recipe name toward the top of the main BTP recipe window. Then when you click "save as..." that name will appear as the file name and the file will be saved with that new name when you click Save.

When I re-brew a recipe, I've been adding a 1, 2, etc... to the recipe name, e.g., Harvest Pale Ale 2, or with the brew date as yymmdd, e.g., Pale Ale 101911. Another alternative is to create dated nested recipe folders made frequently enough to avoid containing duplicated reciped.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
slothrob

Re: trouble saving recipe

Postby HItransplant » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 pm

slothrob wrote:What you need to do is change the recipe name toward the top of the main BTP recipe window. Then when you click "save as..." that name will appear as the file name and the file will be saved with that new name when you click Save.

When I re-brew a recipe, I've been adding a 1, 2, etc... to the recipe name, e.g., Harvest Pale Ale 2, or with the brew date as yymmdd, e.g., Pale Ale 101911. Another alternative is to create dated nested recipe folders made frequently enough to avoid containing duplicated reciped.

thanks man, Ill give it a try tonight.

:D
HItransplant

Postby HItransplant » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 am

worked like a charm.. thanks again
HItransplant

trouble saving recipe

Postby slothrob » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:25 am

HItransplant wrote:worked like a charm.. thanks again

Anytime I can help!

Enjoy the brew!
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP