SRM formula choices

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.

Which color formula do you prefer?

What BeerTools Pro uses currently
0
No votes
Morey
3
100%
Noonan
0
No votes
Daniels
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 3

SRM formula choices

Postby BrewBlender » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Is it possible to add different SRM formulas such as Morey and Daniels? This would be a great feature, similar to the different hop utilization formulas.
Josh
Potland, OR
BrewBlender
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Postby ColoradoBrewer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:11 am

I would like to have this feature as well.
BTP 2.0.8 (Linux)
User avatar
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am
Location: South of Denver, North of the Springs

Postby Cambrinus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 am

Going forward on this.
Is it possible to see in the Main window which SRM formulas has been selected (if any).
User avatar
Cambrinus
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 am
Location: Midleton, Ireland

Postby jawbox » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:31 pm

PowerMac G4 933 Mhz, 1GB Ram, 17" Studio Display, Mac OSX 10.3.9
MacBook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IPhone 5
IPad 2
I like macs ;)
User avatar
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Location: W. Dundee

Re: SRM formula choices

Postby TCBrewguy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 pm

BrewBlender wrote:Is it possible to add different SRM formulas such as Morey and Daniels? This would be a great feature, similar to the different hop utilization formulas.


Yes, yes, yes! I've been requesting this for a long time. I would really like to have the Morey color formula especially.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:25 am

Postby jawbox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Bump

This should be on a update. My beer color is consistently lighter than the Noonan formula being used by BTP. Morey gives a more accurate color prediction in my experience.

Jaw
PowerMac G4 933 Mhz, 1GB Ram, 17" Studio Display, Mac OSX 10.3.9
MacBook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IPhone 5
IPad 2
I like macs ;)
User avatar
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Location: W. Dundee

Postby TCBrewguy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:20 pm

jawbox wrote:Bump

This should be on a update. My beer color is consistently lighter than the Noonan formula being used by BTP. Morey gives a more accurate color prediction in my experience.

Jaw


+1
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:25 am

Postby ColoradoBrewer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:06 am

+2
BTP 2.0.8 (Linux)
User avatar
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am
Location: South of Denver, North of the Springs

Postby TCBrewguy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

bump...

I would really like to see this feature added soon!
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:25 am

Postby jawbox » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 pm

bump again. I think we really need this one
PowerMac G4 933 Mhz, 1GB Ram, 17" Studio Display, Mac OSX 10.3.9
MacBook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IPhone 5
IPad 2
I like macs ;)
User avatar
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Location: W. Dundee

Postby TCBrewguy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Jeff & Lathe,

Any chance we could get any feedback on this one? It seems like a simple enough thing to build in. Right now, I'm having to use another app to calculate the Morey color formula for my beers. I would be really great if BTP just had the option of using that formula. And I hate to draw comparisons, but I believe ProMash and BeerSmith allow users to choose between SRM formulas. :wink:

Matt
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:25 am

Postby jeff » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 pm

TCBrewguy wrote:Jeff & Lathe,

Any chance we could get any feedback on this one? It seems like a simple enough thing to build in. Right now, I'm having to use another app to calculate the Morey color formula for my beers. I would be really great if BTP just had the option of using that formula. And I hate to draw comparisons, but I believe ProMash and BeerSmith allow users to choose between SRM formulas. :wink:

Matt

Next update. Right now I'm working on some FaceBook stuff though. I'll look into it after that.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 9:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC

Postby jawbox » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 am

Very happy to hear this is happening.
PowerMac G4 933 Mhz, 1GB Ram, 17" Studio Display, Mac OSX 10.3.9
MacBook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2
IPhone 5
IPad 2
I like macs ;)
User avatar
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Location: W. Dundee

Postby TCBrewguy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:24 pm

jeff wrote:
TCBrewguy wrote:Jeff & Lathe,

Any chance we could get any feedback on this one? It seems like a simple enough thing to build in. Right now, I'm having to use another app to calculate the Morey color formula for my beers. I would be really great if BTP just had the option of using that formula. And I hate to draw comparisons, but I believe ProMash and BeerSmith allow users to choose between SRM formulas. :wink:

Matt

Next update. Right now I'm working on some FaceBook stuff though. I'll look into it after that.


Woohoo!
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:25 am

Postby ColoradoBrewer » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks, Jeff!
BTP 2.0.8 (Linux)
User avatar
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am
Location: South of Denver, North of the Springs

Next

Return to BeerTools Pro Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron