BTP on linux

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
cybergalvez

BTP on linux

Post by cybergalvez »

I just installed BTP on ubuntu64 and it runs pretty good with minor issues
1) does not seem to print, not sure if its a program bug or because I am on linux64 rather then 32 bit

Is there a 64 bit build?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BTP on linux

Post by jeff »

cybergalvez wrote:I just installed BTP on ubuntu64 and it runs pretty good with minor issues
1) does not seem to print, not sure if its a program bug or because I am on linux64 rather then 32 bit

Is there a 64 bit build?
The same build should run on both architectures. Does it just ignore the print command? Does a print dialog appear? Any error messages?

Thanks
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
cybergalvez

Post by cybergalvez »

I am having several issues with BTP on my 64 bit build.
1) when I try to print after selecting what I want to print, nothing comes up, and nothing is sent to the printer
2) when I try to open beertools online, clicking on the option does not bring up the browser
3) I can not import recipies from Beertools online.

Please let me know what addition information would be useful
Jose
cybergalvez

Post by cybergalvez »

jeff wrote:
cybergalvez wrote:I just installed BTP on ubuntu64 and it runs pretty good with minor issues

Is there a 64 bit build?
The same build should run on both architectures. Does it just ignore the print command? Does a print dialog appear? Any error messages?

Thanks
On my ubuntu64 the linux version really does not work, it won't connect to the internet (won't launch the browser) and will not print

Is there any information I can provide to help debug this?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

cybergalvez wrote:
On my ubuntu64 the linux version really does not work, it won't connect to the internet (won't launch the browser) and will not print

Is there any information I can provide to help debug this?
Thanks, not at this time. Keep posting bugs encountered under this topic and that will help us keep Linux related issue in one place.

Thanks again!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bruerik
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by bruerik »

Jeff,

I would like to get the linux version instead of using my mac osx version

Thanks

Erik
Macbook, Intel 2.2Ghz dual core, 4GB RAM. 13" display 1280 x 800, 320GB Sata Drive.
adurotec

Post by adurotec »

jeff wrote:

Is there a 64 bit build?

Thanks
Interested in getting BTP, but I run Fedora 64bit, I downloaded the Windows version and installed it via WINE but it won't start. Looking through the forums led me to this chain, so I'd like to test out BTP in Linux or understand what it takes to run in WINE,

Thanks!

David
hackmeister

Post by hackmeister »

Yeah I'm interested in BTP for Linux as well. I don't see the Linux version in the store.
barleypopmaker
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by barleypopmaker »

I too would like to use the beer tools Linux version. Where can I download it, and is my current license valid for an Ubuntu 11?
-Jason

Beta testing on an older Dell latitude c610 Laptop
Windows XP Professional SP2
Pentium III
256 RAM