What equipment?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Bluesssman
Light Lager
Light Lager

What equipment?

Post by Bluesssman »

I am writing future episodes of our Beer TV show and would like to ask what equipment would you like to see discussed or compared. Much thanks for your time...

Gary
conman
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by conman »

rims tubes, round vs square cooler mash tuns, aluminum vs ss kettles, labjack vs BCS, thermometers, etc, etc.....
Homebrewing since 1998!
Bluesssman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Bluesssman »

Fantastic, thanks for the reply!!!!

Gary
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Interesting. I just ordered a BCS-460 and Rims tube from Brewers Hardware.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

All grain for beginners

Post by Benjamin1c »

One thing that I'd like to know more about,

I've always been an extract brewer, but like many I've been curious about making the jump to all grain. I was wondering about the basic kinds of equipment (mash tun, lauter tun etc...). Its also important to think about cost, and what the different options are; I've heard many methods for converting a cooler into a mash tun for instance, and I wonder how a cooler compares to factory made brewing equipment. tx
Bluesssman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: All grain for beginners

Post by Bluesssman »

Benjamin1c wrote:One thing that I'd like to know more about,

I've always been an extract brewer, but like many I've been curious about making the jump to all grain. I was wondering about the basic kinds of equipment (mash tun, lauter tun etc...). Its also important to think about cost, and what the different options are; I've heard many methods for converting a cooler into a mash tun for instance, and I wonder how a cooler compares to factory made brewing equipment. tx
We have a show up coming about going all grain. I wanted a setup that was easy to use and kept the cost down as low as possible. Should be a fun show...
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Benjamin1c »

awesome! will watch
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Benjamin1c »

Just saw the first episode, cool! I've have to grab one of 'em Ipa's when i get a chance. look forward to the other episodes
Bluesssman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Bluesssman »

Thanks, Benjamin!!! The next show will be available tomorrow. I start a beginners first time brew segment plus the weekly two beer test. Please let me know what you think!

Gary
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Benjamin1c »

Another interesting show. I look forward to seeing what recipe you use in your brew for the next show, and how it turns out.

As for the stout... too hoppy huh? yup, I guess I've been there a few times too, I like my stout on the malty side.