iPad Version?

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
Madmax1775

iPad Version?

Post by Madmax1775 »

I just got my new iPad, so I have to ask... Any plans on an iPad version of Beer Tools?

Max
lamdachiguy

Post by lamdachiguy »

Need an iPhone version 1st!
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

lamdachiguy wrote:Need an iPhone version 1st!
I agree, iPhone first. What do you expect from a BeerTools iPhone app? Some sort of recipe viewer where you can take your recipes with you to the brewery and perhaps enter some log data? Also a few brewing utilities for running quick calculations?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Yes, to the above.
Dilution & Evaporation Calc.
Refractometer Calc.
Ability to log actual mash temps, SG (pre-boil) and OG.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
slothrob

iPhone

Post by slothrob »

I like the idea of a recipe viewer, hopefully including water salt additions.
A shopping list viewer might be nice, too.

An infusion/decoction calculator would be useful. It would be nice if it brought information in from the recipe.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
logcabinbrews

iPad

Post by logcabinbrews »

I am also waiting for the iPad version of beertools. Obviously when they program the app, it can work for both iPad and iPhone. LETS GET THIS THING DONE!

for anyone who has not pulled the trigger on an iPad, its the coolest toy I've ever had. And yes, I buy all the new tech toys. The iPad ROCKS!
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Yes second a shopping list and inventory tool on an iphone app
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

BeerTools for iPhone

Post by jeff »

Hello all,

Thanks for your interest in a BeerTools iPhone app. There is still a long way to go, but development of the app is in progress. I would like to include many of the features that you have requested but in the interest of getting this app on the map :lol: I plan on launching a functional but stripped down app. New features will be added with each update.

Currently I am working on the code for listing and viewing your recipes in "My BeerTools" including personal saved recipes, library contributions and favorite recipes. Added to this will be lists for the most recent, recently commented and highly rated recipes on the site. Finally, textual recipe search will be included.

Depending on how things go, I hope to include recipe scaling and unit conversion built into the recipe detail viewer.

On the other side of things is developing a way for the device to access recipe files on the desktop. This may or may not be in the initial launch. The iPhone has to access desktop recipes by means of file sharing which adds a whole new level of complexity to the app. If any of you come across source code for grabbing files via file sharing on the iPhone please let me know.

So that's where things are at. I'll try to keep you updated with the progress.

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TimmyR
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by TimmyR »

Awesome Jeff...I got hooked on the iPhone App when I moved to BeerAlchemy for a while. (I switched back to your software because of how nice you allow for individual water chemistry per batch and user interface). It syncs and allows you to carry your recipes with you and adjust inventory on the fly, thus you can make a unplanned drop-in to the LHBS and know what's on your next two or three batches punch list.

Hope to see it soon.....
Cheers,

Timmy
cvikke

Post by cvikke »

Hi Jeff

You asked : If any of you come across source code for grabbing files via file sharing on the iPhone please let me know

Please take a look at dropbox. Its free and you can share files between a lot of systems.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/category/iPhone

Cheers
Carsten
TimmyR
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by TimmyR »

+1 for Dropbox....I am a Dropbox junkie. 1Password, Evernote, and TextExpander use it and its fantastic.

Good luck
Cheers,

Timmy
HumbleOpinion
Light Lager
Light Lager

Excited

Post by HumbleOpinion »

I would love to see this.
HumbleOpinion
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by HumbleOpinion »

Also I just thought of this. Would you be able to integrate the app into the software so that you can access the software while using the app live on a wifi network? That would be awesome.
TimmyR
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by TimmyR »

Any mobile device updates?? I am now the happy owner of an iPad and would LOVE to see some love in this department.

Cheers
Cheers,

Timmy
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

Hi Jeff,

I hate to be pushy, but it's been nearly 12 months since you last posted that an iphone app was in the works...

any closer? it would be very very useful.. for both iphone or ipad..

cheers,
Kieran