STUBBIES!

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

STUBBIES!

Post by jayhawk »

I just hit upon a stash of 600 stubby bottles. An old man brewer in a neighbouring town was selling them off for a song. These bottles are almost impossible to find commercially in Canada except in Quebec, which is only a few thousand kilometres away from my house:-)
stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

Stubbies in Ontario too!

Post by stumpwater »

Hey Jayhawk, here in Ontario there is a micro called Brick brewing company. They are reproducing Red Cap Ale from the original recipe and they are bottling it in stubbies! Red Cap was Canada's best selling beer throughout the 60's. Aside from this little bit of retro, Brick produces some excellent beer including Waterloo Dark which is a dry, dark lager beer. I highly recommend trying to get a hold of some of their products. You can check out there website at www.brickbrewery.com. They also sponsor one of the foremost Octoberfest's in their home town city of Kitchener/Waterloo, where a large number of German immigrants made home and originally called Berlin.
How is that for some local history!

Na Zdahroveh!

Stefan
P.S. congrats on your excellent find. 600 bottles would out-do my ability to consume Red Cap
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Tradition continues

Post by jayhawk »

Good to hear stubbies are still in use in Ontario too. I have always loved this bottle style, I think it has to do with watching Strange Brew and Great White North, starring our fearless hosers Bob and Doug, during my formative beer drinking years. If I ever make it back through Ontario, I will seek out Brick brewing. Take off eh!
Chris