Fermentation began again

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

andybrew2010

Fermentation began again

Post by andybrew2010 »

I am brewing a stout for the first time. I followed the recipe very close and everything went well in terms of technique, readings sanitation, etc. Put it in the primary for 3 days as the directions said, then when the fermentation reduced way down, I racked it to the secondary (6.5 gal glass). After a week, the fermentation subsided and it was just hanging out another week until I will bottle it. Tomorrow is bottling day and I noticed the bubbler to start bubbling again. about one every 10 seconds. Is it still safe to bottle? Or should I wait another week? Any input would be helpful!!!
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Ask your hydrometer

Post by brewmeisterintng »

What is your final gravity? It might be CO2 but you won't know for sure unless you take a reading. Preferably three days in a row. If there is no change and you are in the ball park of your prodicted FG... then your done.
The reason I say this is because you could have under pitched your yeast, fermentaion could have stalled due to a temp change. ect.
Hope that this helps...