Adjusting kettle volume

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
brian kay

Adjusting kettle volume

Post by brian kay »

Hi all

I just picked up BTP today and I'm loving it so far.I am having a problem adjusting the Volume of the kettle and final Volume.

The kettle Volumes is at 10.96 and i'm trying to change it to 11 gallons(imp), but every time i type in 11 or 11.0 it tells me "Number not valid.enter a number in decimal or fraction form."

It is doing the same for final Volume, trying to change from 10.12 to 10 gallons(imp)

Can some one please help as my head is starting to hurt LOL :lol:
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Where exactly are you trying to adjust the values?

Main Screen
Equipment
Schedule

Jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
brian kay

Post by brian kay »

on the main screen, where you create a recipe.it's just left of the glass and directly under the style drop down menu.
slothrob

volumes

Post by slothrob »

I can't seem to find a way to duplicate this problem. Have you tried the usual suspects, like restarting the computer and BTP?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
brian kay

Post by brian kay »

i have restarted everything a good few times and still the same.I might try reinstall BTP to see if that will help thanks for the reply's lads
slothrob

reinstall

Post by slothrob »

A re-install sounds like a likely next step.
If that doesn't do the job, you should submit a ticket for technical support from the support page of the website. You can get there through the Support button at the top of this page.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
brian kay

Post by brian kay »

Well i have reinstalled BTP and still the same.If i change the kettle Volume back to us gallon it lets me put any number in, but when i put it to imp gallon i can't change it.is this a fault with BTP.:?:

so all i do is work out what i need in us gallons,put this into my kettle volume tab,then right click on it and change it back to imp gallons.bit strange but this is the only work around i can come up with
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

brian kay wrote:Well i have reinstalled BTP and still the same.If i change the kettle Volume back to us gallon it lets me put any number in, but when i put it to imp gallon i can't change it.is this a fault with BTP.:?:
It sounds like a bug to me. It would be helpful if you post the issue in the bug reports forum too. This way I won't forget about it :shock:

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

(imp) gallon error

Post by slothrob »

I was finally able to duplicate this.
I had previously only changed the Volume unit setting to Imperial gallons under the Preferences menu, which doesn't seem to change the Kettle Volume and Final Volume to Imperial Gallons. So, I had no problems with changing the numbers.

When I changed the values to "gal (imp)" using option-click (right-click) on the value boxes for Kettle Volume and Final Volume, I was able to reproduce the problem.

I did discover that if you just deleted or selected the number, then changed the number, the error pop-up appeared, but if I triple-clicked to select the number and the "gal (imp)" then typed in the new number, the value was entered without the error pop-up.

I also ran into an additional bug. Sometimes, when you change from"gal" to "gal (imp)", the value will appear so far to the left in the value box that all that is visible in the box is "l (imp)". I can't figure out a pattern to the bug, though.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP