Maple Beer

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

mpreynders

Maple Beer

Post by mpreynders »

I am planning on making a maple brown ale soon by using syrup that I made from my own backyard. My question is when I should add maple syrup to the boil and would it be a good idea to bottle with syrup instead of priming sugar? If i do use syrup for bottling, how would I go about doing so?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

You want to add it towards the end of the boil to make sure you don't get any infections in your beer. I wouldn't recommend using it raw for bottling.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
mpreynders

maple priming

Post by mpreynders »

I wouldn't use it raw for bottling, but I remember reading somewhere that you can boil it into water and then prime with it.
mpreynders

primed with maple sugar

Post by mpreynders »

I ended up priming my brown ale recipe with homemade maple syrup and it worked perfectly. I just figured out the brix of the sugar, calculated how much carbonation I would need for the whole batch, and then measured out exactly how much syrup I would need. This website helped me figure it out: http://www.byo.com/stories/recipes/arti ... -mr-wizard

Anyway, I served the beer at a cookout and everybody thought it was absolutely delicious. I couldn't be happier with the result